Friday, February 18, 2011

Yesterday's Update, Today's Blessings

I realize as I sit here to write tonight why I blog every night... because my days are so long, yesterday seems like an eternity ago.  I will do my best to remember all the amazing things that happened yesterday.

Yesterday started with a visit from Mike and Liz, it was so great to see them.  Mike is doing well at home and starting a new clinical trial for his cancer.  Also yesterday, if you all remember me talking to you about the family that flew in from Colorado a couple of weeks ago, John and Jo Evans, and their son Wes, they had their first family meeting here at Spaulding and those are always difficult to sit through and hard to hear.  I ask you to please continue to pray for both of these families as well as Dan who is at another facility still in the process of recovering from his injury.  I find when I can pray for others it helps relieve my own pain and sorrow.   

If you ever don't know what to pray for when praying for others, open the Word and pray scripture.  The book of Ephesians is full of awesome prayers, this is one of my favorites, Ephesians 3:16-19  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

So yesterday, Adam walked with a walker again in PT... he started going so fast that Anne had to tell Adam to slow down.  Since he was doing so well, she decided to see if he could walk with the assistance of 2 therapists without a walker and HE DID IT!!!!  It was so awesome to see!  Anne also cleared me to transfer Adam in and out of bed and his chair.  It was amazing!  I am just in awe every moment with what God is doing in Adam's healing. 

Last night I was laying with Adam and we were talking about what we will do when he's out of the hospital for good.  I asked that we go on a date night be our favorite place in Apex, NC where we live.  We talked and dreamed about our hopes and dreams for the future... It was so sweet. 

As far as today...

WE HAD AN AMAZING DAY!!!  Guess what?!!!!  Okay, you won't guess... today it was a nice day here in Boston and Anne's Adam's physical therapist told me she thought Adam was ready for a field trip and she said she would clear us for a leave of absence as long as the doctor would order it.  So the exciting news, Adam was cleared for an outing!!! So Adam, Mackenzie, and I walked to the Museum of Science and spent 3 hours just the 3 of us as a family... this was such an amazing gift!  The whole time we were out we talked about what a blessing it was to have a family day.  I love that God gave us such a special gift today.

God provided such an amazing outing for us, when we were getting ready to walk in, a lady who just got out of a vehicle heading into the museum opened the door for us.  She over heard me say that I was so excited and then asked if we had been here before.  I said no and then explained that we live in North Carolina and that Adam is a patient at Spaulding, she said, I would like you all to be my guests.  She works at the museum and she let Adam, Mackenzie, and I be her guests at the museum.  It's God so good how he provides for us!  I just love seeing how he provides all our needs and our desires.

In physical therapy today Adam was recasted on his left foot and his left foot reached 0 degrees which means it's a goal!  So both of his casts are his last ones and it looks like he'll get his casts on on Tuesday.  In occupational therapy Adam worked on standing and transfers, it was so awesome.

Please continue to pray for Adam's healing.  He still has a long ways to go, and his healing has only just begun.  Thank you all for your faithfulness  over the last 9 months praying for us, please, please... keep praying for Adam as God is rebuilding him from the inside out, one cell, one axon... one neuron at a time.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yay Roots! So glad you got out of the hospital and got to do something fun! So great! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I was so glad to read a bit of your life again. I miss you when I can't. Praise Father for the gift of your outing. What FUN. Yes, my friend, I continue to pray for you, and will pray for your friends as well. I love you, Marion

Debbie said...

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
~Psalm 1:3

Thank you Lord!

Blog Archive