Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trying To Choose To Wait

Early in this journey God showed me that I choose my attitude, I can choose to wait patiently, or anxiously.  I can choose to hope or I can choose to doubt.  Trusting in God is a choice.  Tonight I lay all my anxiety, doubts, fears, at the foot of the cross, I trade in my sorrow for the joy of the Lord.  Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope.  I am still learning to choose to wait, to wait patiently for the Lord.  Waiting is always difficult, but I am doing my best to choose to wait patiently on God's timing for rebuilding Adam from the inside out.  Waiting involves an expectation of something special. Waiting means anticipation, expectation, confident hope in something that will take place. Ultimately, waiting on the Lord is like waiting on the sun to rise—waiting expectantly for the Lord’s answers to human needs as the sun brings the warmth of the day.

Adam had an off day today, I believe he might be fighting a cold, so please pray for protection around Adam's immune system.  Despite that he's not feeling his best, he still had a good day!  He had his casts removed today in physical therapy and his feet look really good.  He will most likely have to wear a brace on his right ankle until his tone heals a little more.  His walk was pretty good after Anne took off the casts.  I am so thankful that his feet look much better and it's easier for him to walk because he had the casts on for awhile! 

Thank you all for praying for Adam's speech therapy sessions, today was one of the best sessions he has had with Brooke.  He really worked on speaking louder.  Brooke tried a couple of techniques, she tried video recording Adam speaking so that she could see that he wasn't speaking loudly like he thinks he is.  She also had me leave the room and call Adam, he spoke much louder when he was on the phone.  It was a great so great to hear his voice.  In occupational therapy Eri was stretching Adam and he was laying on his back and he started to speak loudly!  He's getting it! He's amazing! 

As I sat with Adam during dinner tonight, we were talking about life.  I was reminding him of special memories, the more we spoke, the more I realize how blessed I am that he chose me to be his wife.  He is such an incredible man and husband, I love him so much.  We will continue to wait on the Lord as He continues to write our story and allow us to create so many more wonderful memories.  God is so good.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I went to school with Adam and stumbled across your blog yesterday. I was shocked to read of his situation- but amazed to see the wonderful woman of God that is in his life. I know that I actually didn't stumble across your page- the Lord wanted to add another prayer warrior to your numbers- me. You've posted several times the words of healing "from the inside out"... and I couldn't help but have this song (one of my favorites actually) run through my head. Do you know it? It's amazing! Just as God is healing Adam physically from the inside out, He is growing you in that way too. Rest in that- He WILL do what He has promised! I don't even know you, but you are SO strong!!! Reading your words inspires me. I hope this song is an encouragement to you.
God is a God of healing! In every aspect He is willing and able to heal! I'll be praying! - Michelle Fisher


Inside Out- Hillsong United
A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise, become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

My heart, my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, O my soul cries out

My Soul cries out to You
My Soul cries out to You
to You, to You

My heart, my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, O my soul cries out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, O my soul cries out
From the inside out, O my soul cries out
From the inside out, O my soul cries out.

Barbara W said...

I can't believe all the accomplishments Adam has made since we transferred to The Mountain 12 days ago. It is so amazing. You seem to be extra busy lately, as if that could be possible, so you make sure you take care of yourself and don't let go of the strength that has gotten you this far and so successfully at that. Always thinking of you, Adam and Mckenzie! Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love you and rejoice with the triumphs Adam has come through. These are just the beginning. I know Father has His hand on all of you in a special way. Continuing to trust, Marion

Christina said...

Hey Amy! I needed a verse tonight to leave for a family with a critically ill child, so I went to your blog because I knew you have some good verses to claim. And you did! Psalm 130:5 was perfect! God is using you to encourage others!
Love to you three!

Debbie said...

Be encouraged my precious rambling root...

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. ~Hebrews 12:1-3

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. ~Ephesians 6:10-20

Love, Prayers, & Hugs!
Debbie

Blog Archive