Thursday, February 10, 2011

Time To Say Goodbye, Time To Be Thankful, and A Time To Rejoice

Today has been a bittersweet sorta day...  Dan, Adam's buddy here at Spaulding was discharged today.  As I said my goodbyes and walked down the hall with Adam to therapy I was in tears.  I am so happy for Dan to be moving to the next step, the next facility that will help him continue on his journey to recovery.  Please pray for Dan as he will be adjusting to his new facility, new staff, and a new routine.  Pray for his family as well as they all adjust to the new facility.  I know this was not goodbye, but it was still hard to say "see ya later"... Adam and I both are going to miss Dan tremendously.  I am touched and blessed to see how much they both helped each other heal.

Adam seemed to have an interesting day in therapies... in speech Dr. Aeisha (Dr.Chae's resident that I love) sat in on Adam's session today to observe.  They spent some time discussing what would work best for Adam.  Please pray for Adam's speech therapy sessions, pray that Brooke and Adam will be able to find a good working relationship. Speech is such a huge component to his recovery and I am just praying that God will put the right therapists in our path.  In physical therapy Adam's first casts came off and the second ones went on.  When the second ones went on his right foot measured at 0 which was our goal!!!!  So happy this happened so quickly!  So exciting!  In occupational therapy Adam was asked to stand and he stood up and was able to stand really well on his own or with very little assistance.  I am so proud of Adam how well he talked today and that his voice is getting stronger, thank you all so much for praying for my man!  I am so proud of him! 

I was so deeply touched today by an email I received from Adam's nurses at University of North Carolina ICU.  They put together a video for Adam wishing him happy birthday and sending such awesome words of encouragement.  It was so sweet to see his nurses, therapists, doctors, and Jen our case manager.  I was in tears watching the video with Adam.  It was so incredible as they showed Adam his ICU room and listening to them all wish Adam well.  Thank UNC NSICU, we love you all and can't wait to see you when Adam can walk through the unit to meet you all!  Thank you for taking the time to put together such a sweet and wonderful video.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8  A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

I feel like today we have experienced so many emotions from sadness from having to say goodbye to Dan to being so humbled by the video sent to us, to complete rejoicing for Adam's progress... to exhaustion at the end of a long day... I love the reminder that there is a time for everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Father, you know what is going on with Brooke. Either give her what Adam needs or remove her from the mix. Thank you for caring for the situation." So be it, AMEN Isn't Father good to give you the Eccl. verses. I find them a comfort many times. I trust for Dan and his family. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

As always, it was so good to talk to you again today my friend! I can not wait for the day when I meet Adam when he will be able to shake my hand. Amy & Mackenzie, Adam is so very blessed to have such strong and devoted women in his life, supporting him every step of the way!
JS

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Continue to read and pray and place Adam and your family in my emails for others to pray. So thrilled about Adam's continued improvements.

I am wondering if the families you have become friends with who have left and gone to another facility or home have blogs so that we may follow them or learn more about them to continue praying?

Vicky Scott

Blog Archive