Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thankful for Progress, Strength, and Hope

Tonight is another quick update, it's a late night in the Root household... and it's a school night.

Daniel 10:19 And he said, "O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!"

So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."

Adam is amazing!  He is such a hard worker and perseveres through so much... He is so strong!  He totally blew me away today in physical therapy... each of his casts way about 4 pounds and he walked over a hundred feet with his heavy casts on!  He was taking the best steps that I have seen him yet!  GO ADAM!  In occupational therapy Adam worked on some reaching and was stretched out where his muscles were tight and sore.  And in speech today he was cleared to the next level up from purees to basic soft foods for one meal a day!  He's doing so well! I am so proud of my man!

Tonight, I am missing Adam.  I am missing him so much.  I miss the moments of bouncing things off him, I miss our conversations, I miss being in our home as a family,  I miss having heated fellowship (this is what Adam and I say instead of a disagreement) about our busy schedules.  I miss sitting on our couch curled up next to each other in the mornings with our coffee and having our devotions.  I miss his gentle touch and his looks from across the room that just speak words of comfort to me.  I miss watching him play with Mackenzie and teach her new things.  I can't wait till the moment when the 3 of us get to be in our home together again... I know we are on our way, and I am so thankful that God has brought Adam as far as he has.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is a restorer! He knows deeply the things you miss and long for. With each new day there's another glimpse of His promise to you as a family! I am so proud of how hard Adam is working for you and Mackenzie so that you will be home together in His time.

Love you so much,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sweet Amy, Today is the day for a story I told your mom on her birthday. I am not sure of exact details, but know it is true. A young woman was working in a nursing home, with coma patients. She was told not to get too attatched to the patients, as they usually don't live too long. She totally ignored this with one lady inparticular. She told this lady her life story, even to the loosing of a very special necklace she described in detail. Her supervisor noticed the attatchment, and had her moved to another ward. Much later this woman saw an older lady walking toward her. She went and asked if she needed something. The lady said "You don't recognize me?" The woman looked, then realized it was her friend from the first ward. She gave her a big hug. The lady said there was this voice I heard. I lost it and came through the fog to find it. She then held out her hand, saying I have something for you. In her hand was the very necklace described by the woman. It was found by one of the older ladies relatives at a wreckage. Not being able to find the owner, it was given to her. Yes, sweet friend, you WILL have all you have lost, and much more returned to you. If Father did it for this woman and the lady, He WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!!!! Much love, Marion

Blog Archive