Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Piece Of Home

With today being 9 months to the day since Adam's accident, I spent most of the day with my heart full of thanksgiving for all that God has done on this journey and all that is yet to come.  I can't even begin to explain how amazing the last month has been.  It has truly been the best month of my life.  I just love my man and I am so proud of him, he has persevered through so much and has defied all the odds stacked againist him.  He's the strongest man I know, he is amazing!

At times a long this journey I have failed to remember that God is my source of hope ALL the time.  There has been times when I get so caught up in the moment that I put my hope in all that Adam is doing, and what his day has been like, instead of knowing and believing that God is where my hope comes from.  He is our source of hope, our strength, our portion, our deliverer, our healer, He is ALL we need.  I know that when I put my trust in Him and my hope in God for Adam's journey, it's there that I find the peace that surpasses all understanding, the comfort in my moments of sorrow, my joy in the midst of a difficult season... the ability to give thanks in ALL circumstances.  My prayer is that I will not loose sight of where my hope comes from, but instead remember that God is holding us in the palm of his hands, and that is where my hope comes from.   Psalm 39:7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you."

I have so much to be thankful for, and as I journal all that I am grateful for, I have counted you all as you have faithfully supported my family in prayers and love.  Thank you for all that you have done.

Adam had another great day today!  Adam's day started with a check up appointment at Dr. Song's office.  He was the doctor that operated on Adam's granulated tissue and took out his trach.  He said Adam looked awesome and was stunned by his progress!  Then it was back to Spaulding for therapies.  Adam walked with a walker again in PT.  He gets going pretty fast, we were trying to teach him to use push the walker by himself as he walks, he has held on as someone helps lead the walker as he goes, but today we were teaching him to do it all by himself.  He did great.  Everyone who passed by who knows Adam on some level, could not believe how amazing he looked walking with the walker... my response is, "I told you my man is amazing!"  Just about anyone who will listen to me, I will tell them how amazing my man is!

So today on my way to pick up Mackenzie from school I have to pass by a mall that has the only Chick Fil A in Massachusetts that I know of. I so badly wanted a piece of home today that I swung in to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch (most days I am lucky to find time for lunch!) When I was done ordering my lunch, the manager came out from the back and asked me how my Valentine's day was, but he didn't just stop there, he noticed my ring and said, "I hope your man did something special for you" at which point I lost it... and did my best to hold back tears. He quickly noticed and apologized, I told him that my husband was in the hospital for awhile because of an accident, he was so upset by this he bought my lunch and packed Adam a lunch of soft foods so he could have Chick Fil A too! For those of you on the west coast, Chick Fil A is known for their service and southern hospitality even as a fast food restaurant... but this was amazing and went above and beyond. I was so touched and Adam was pretty excited that he was able to get some Chick Fil A ice tea! I love that God even provided my little piece of home for me today! He truly does supply ALL our needs and desires. I was so touched by this!  Thank you Chick Fil A!
Chick Fil A manager from today, how bad am I... I didn't even get his name.

It is with my deepest sympathy to tell you all that Adam's grandpa passed away this afternoon.  Please pray for Adam's grandma Ethel and for Adam's mom as they make arrangements, and find the strength to keep moving forward in the daze that they are in.  Thank you all so much for praying for Adam's family during this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my friend, Adam is amazing. He is right where Father has him and doing a phenominal job with what Father has put before him. Father has give Adam a pretty amazing wife, too. I am delighted He gave he a "Touch of Home". It's okay you forgot the manager's name. You got his picture, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Besides, Father knows who we're talking about when we thank Him for what he did for you. Give Mackenzie a hug, and have her give you one. Then both of you give Adam one. I love you, Marion

Ben and Katie said...

Oh CFA!!!! I miss it so much! I had my first chicken/bisquit when I was in GA last...so good!
Glad to hear that Adam continues to thrive! God is faithful!

Blog Archive