Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Believe God Will Deliver Adam From This Injury

In response to several requests for pictures of Adam.... I will not be posting pictures anytime soon.  While yes, Adam is talking... he's not aware yet of day to day decisions.  So until he understands what he is agreeing to I will not post pictures.  Please understand that this is out of respect for my husband who is a private, humble man who does not like a lot of attention.  It's not that I don't want to share this with you all, it's purely out of respect for my man.  Thank you so much for respecting us and understanding my desire to respect Adam.

I am so proud of Adam, he consistently perseveres and works very hard every day.  Last week Adam was given a new wheelchair, one that will be easier for him to roll himself around.  He's really good at going backwards especially when his leg rests are off and he could use feet.  He's also really good at turning, but he's working on trying to go forward.  Today several times he did great going forward. GO ADAM!!!

Tonight as I was tucking Adam in, Adam asked me to climb into bed with him, as I did, he so gently held me, this is a moment I will cherish.  He is so tender and sweet, and I just love when he confesses his love me.  Tonight when Mackenzie and I returned to our bedroom, Mackenzie pulled out our family calendar from last year.  (I can't bring myself to throw it away, it shows what are life went from, every day being busy to time standing still after Adam's accident.)  Anyway, Mackenzie turned the calendar to the month of May, she said mom, look at the verse on the calendar for May 2010... it was Psalm 41:1-2 Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the LORD delivers them in times of trouble. The LORD protects and preserves them.  I can't help but to see this verse as meant for Adam.  Please join me continuing to pray for Adam as God is rebuilding him from the inside out, God will deliver Adam from this brain injury,  that I believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, Father will honor you as you honor Him. He will honor your honoring your husband. You have said before, several times, you won't publish pictures of Adam until he says you may. That's OKAY. I love you, and am glad I figured out how to get to your blog again. I think I'm getting the hang of this computer thing. :) Hugs, Marion

Christina said...

Although this journey is incredibly difficult on Makenzie too, I'm so impressed by how she must be growing spiritually through all of this!

Blog Archive