Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Giving Thanks, Praying for Proection, and Trusting In God's Faitfhfulness

Thank you all for the sweet comments last night, I can't even begin to describe what your words of encouragement did for me today.  Thank you to all of you who faithfully been supporting us, with your words of encouragement, letters, care packages, and even financially... thank you will never seem like enough to say.  I know and believe that God will repay what I cannot, and I pray that each of you will be blessed 10 fold.  Thank you.

Adam had a good day, in physical therapy Anne laid Adam on his back and was asking him questions.  She asked him where he was and he said in Boston in the hospital.  Then she asked him what state he lived in and he said North Carolina.  After stretching him for a bit, she took him into the hallway to see his walk now that his casts are off.  His left foot is amazing, his right foot is better, but Anne thinks he will need a brace for awhile for him to balance his weight better.  He did well in all his therapies today despite that he isn't feeling well as he is battling his cold.

Please pray God's protection around his immune system and pray for healing over his cold.  It may seem minor, but a cold has a huge impact on Adam's ability to participate in therapies and function in his day to day tasks.  Pray that Adam will continue to take in plenty of fluids, I have been giving him orange juice and water every second I have a chance.

Tonight I am trusting that God is with my family as we are all separated tonight, Mackenzie is in North Carolina (having a blast), and no matter how much time passes every night I am separated from Adam it never gets easier, in fact it just gets harder.  There is nothing normal about leaving him in a hospital bed as I have to drive away... leaving the hospital is and will always be the worst part of my day.  So I will trust that God will work this for His good and glory.  If God works all things together for good, I will trust Mackenzie, and Adam into His hands.  Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delight to be a part of your life. Thank you. I will trust Father To hold your hand when you leave Spaulding, and to help you realize He's holding Adam's hand at the same time. Your love for each other is flowing from each to the other through our Father. That might not make it easier to leave at night, but it IS a comfort. I love you and rejoice with what Father has done, is doing, and will do for Adam, you, and Mackenzie. Hugs, Marion

Debbie said...

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
~Ephesians 3:14-19

Love, Prayers, & Hugs!
Debbie

Jevans said...

Hi Amy!

Since I don't have your e-mail I am just going to walk you through getting on Wes's carepage account, okay?

go to carepages.com and

visit Wes90201

If this doesn't work I will need your email. You can reach me at waytojo@verizon.net

God Bless your days...Love, Jo

Blog Archive