Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gaining Strength and Getting Stronger Every Day

Well... we're being barried in snow once again here in Boston.  I have never seen this much snow in my life, and I hope to never see this much snow again... too much snow, my brain is freezing.

So... this morning when I got in, Kendra, Adam's main nurse, told me that this morning for 2 hours Adam tried climbing out of bed so finally she ended up having to get him in his chair early this morning.  I just loved this!!!  Adam's personality is really starting to come back, his family has always described Adam as being stubborn, but I have always preferred to see him as determined.  This last week I have seen so much of his determination coming out.  He wants to do everything for himself despite his deficits.  Any time anyone tries to help him, he makes it very clear that he wants to do it for himself.  Praise the Lord for his determination, his driven focus, and for God giving Adam the strength he needs every day.  Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Adam had an awesome day in therapies.  In physical therapy Adam is doing so much more when it comes to standing and walking in the parallel bars.  Today he didn't very minimal assistance and initiated the best walk forward yet.  He also walked the length of the parallel bars (about 10-12 feet) in less than 2 minutes... this is the fastest he's ever done.  He is getting stronger and stronger every day.  Please pray God's hedge of protection around his health, pray that he stays healthy to keep making huge gains.  In occupational therapy, Adam started with his new therapist, Eri, she worked with him on Adam feeding himself.  She gave him special handles on his silverware to make it easier to feed himself.  In speech therapy, Adam started with his new therapist for speech too, Brooke, she was originally Adam's speech therapist for the first 2 weeks we were at Spaulding.  She worked with Adam on speaking louder and more clear.  He did great!  I am celebrating in all of Adam's progress.

Adam was pretty tired today, so he went to bed really early tonight, he told me he wanted to go to bed and sleep all day...  he's been working so hard, he deserves a good night sleep!  Please keep praying for my man and for his FULL recovery, it's only just begun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for the gifts of Adam's healings, and his getting on with his new therapists. Father is good. I continue to thank and trust Father for Adam's complete healing. I trust Him too, for you and your sweet Mackenzie. Marion

Anonymous said...

My heart skips a beat with every post you share about Adam's daily progress. I am brought to tears as I sing praises to God for the many miracles He has given & continues to provide ! Adam's determination and strength comes from knowing he has the most awesome wife & little girl as his side - and the hand of our Father in heaven healing him each and every day ! PTL ! Love and miss you guys more than words can say ! The "B's"

Karie Garner said...

I am so excited to hear about Adam's progress! Especially the "breakthrough" seizure. God is truly healing him more and more each day. What a journey you've been on. You have been faithful and God is hearing and answering your prayers. I'm very happy for all of you!

Blog Archive