Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Cheerful Heart Is Good Medicine

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine.

I believe this bible verses whole heartily!  And with that said, Adam's heart is in good shape today... he laughed multiple times out loud today!  It was so awesome!.  One of our favorite shows to watch is The Office, we were watching an episode of the office that was really funny and he laughed... I laughed even harder at him laughing.  I loved this moment, and I will forever hold it close to my heart seeing Adam laugh.

Today was a great day, I just love Sundays.  Adam, Mackenzie, and I attended church again today via live broadcast.  I just love the worship and being able to feel apart of church from a hospital room.  We were singing the song Lord You're Beautiful, Adam sang along for the last verse, it was so incredible to see him so engaged in church today.

Lord You're Beautiful

Lord You're beautiful

Your face is all I seek
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

I want to take your word/
And shine it all around
First help me just to live it Lord
And when I'm doing well/
Help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to you

Lord please light the fire
That once burned bright and clear
Replace the lamp of my first love
That burns with holy fear

I want to take your word/
And shine it all around
First help me just to live it Lord
And when I'm doing well/
Help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to you

Lord you're beautiful
Your face is all I seek
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

I am in awe of my Savior and all that He has given us.  The Lord truly sustains all 3 of us daily, He is paved the road for us, and carried us in our darkest hours.  He has never left us, and has given us wonderful memories throughout this journey, and I am so thankful for all that He has given us and I am giving thanks tonight for Adam's moments of laughter!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the week to come.

5 comments:

Temarie said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me and my Steelers even though it was a pretty sad game! I'm so glad you were able to laugh with Adam today - I know that must have been sweet music to your ears! Praying constantly for you all! Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! That we would all learn to give thanks for simple pleasures like the laughter of our spouse! :) I love that song too! Praising God for the joys and healing this past week ......and praying for His joy and peace to envelope you and keep you all in His perfect will in this week to come!! Love you guys! Jan

Anonymous said...

My Dear One, I have been away from the computer for several days. It has been a treat to catch up with how some of my favorite people are doing. I rejoice with you in all that has happened. Even the tougher times are gifts, though disguised as stretching opportunities. I continue to thank and trust Father for you and your sweet family. Marion I hope the snow is a lottle more bearable. :)

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Hallelujah! It sounds like he is making incredible progress and trying so hard! Keep going Adam!

Anonymous said...

Hello Adam and Amy! I've just updated myself on your blog, and Renee showed me how to post a comment! (I don't know if you remember, but I'm computer illiterate!) I am sooo happy Adam is doing so well! He's still on our prayer list at church, and everyone is so happy of Adam's progress. We have been praising the Lord with you! He is so good, and faithful to His children. I love you guys and think of you often! Thank you for your continued testimony...You are such a blessing to my heart:0) Miss you and love you...Sonya Lester

Blog Archive