Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another successful day here at Spaulding... Adam is such an incredible husband, I just love my man.  Today he asked to see our wedding pictures, we went through our wedding photos together.... it was so wonderful, then he turned to me and said "I sorry, and I am pissed that this happened."  I reassured him that everything was okay, and that everything happens for a reason.  I told him that God is in control and that so much good has come from this journey.  I reminded Adam how far he has come and how proud I am of him for fighting as hard as he does every day. 
 Thank you all for praying for Adam's speech therapy sessions with Brooke, I know you all are praying!  Today Adam had a good session with Brooke.  She is working with Adam to help him realize that he has a voice, he is still mostly talking in a whisper.  To do this today Brooke arm wrestled Adam and was trying to get him to talk louder.  He did pretty good! Please pray that Adam will find his voice.  In physical therapy, Adam's right cast was changed.  The serial casting is really helping Adam's ankles to come back into a normal posture and he is walking, standing, and transferring much better!  In occupational therapy, Eri worked with Adam on ADL's (activities of daily living, this includes things like, brushing teeth, shaving, showering, ect.) Adam is doing so much more for himself.  Please continue that he will continue to become more and more independent.  I am so proud of Adam for how hard he works.

Mackenzie was having a bit of a rough day and when she got to the hospital this afternoon, she Adam shared some sweet moments.  Adam was backing me up in my parenting and she was extremely respectful of Adam and his discipline.  After he was done talking to Mackenzie about being obedient, he told her he loved her and she just melted into his arms.  It was so sweet to watch.

Adam, Mackenzie, and I were blessed by Mikey, Dan's brother... he came to visit Adam and see how he was doing.  I thought this was so awesome!  Adam enjoyed his visit with Mickey, he told us that Dan is doing well at his new facility and making good gains.  I know I speak for Adam when I say we miss Dan.

Adam and I continue to give thanks to God for all that He has done, we are praying for so many that we have met along the way as well, and giving thanks for the progress they are making as well.  Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Friend!! I love you and am so proud of you. It is so great Adam is able to partner with you in your parenting. What a wonderous thing for Mackenzie. She has a security many children her age don't have. Her dad may be in the hospital, but he is still her dad, and in the place of authority Father gave him. Mackenzie is a precious child. You tell her from me. Thanks. You know, Amy, I liked seeing the picture of you and Adam at the beginning of the blog. We are seeing Adam as Father sees him, whole and complete. Maybe you might put a different picture of you and Adam, just Adam, or you, Adam, and Mackenzie at the beginning of each blog. That way the thirst for pictures will be satisfied. However you do it, I L O V E reading your blog, and am honored to be a part of your life. Hugs, Marion

Blog Archive