Friday, January 28, 2011

What An Amazing Day!!!

Deuteronomy 10:17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome.  I am just marveling at God's amazing awesomeness... is awesomeness a word?  If not, oh well, you get the idea!  The last 2 weeks has been the best 2 weeks of my life! 

I heard and saw Adam laugh for the first time!  I was laying with him this morning and talking with him, and in response to what I said he laughed.  I just loved it!  Several times throughout the day he laughed at other comments... Dan made a funny joke tonight and Adam laughed, it has been so great to see those 2 build a unique and sweet friendship.

This morning after I bathed Adam and got him ready for his day, I wheeled him into the hall. He asked me for a ball and when I gave him a ball, Dan and Adam played catch. Dan was trying to teach Adam to throw the ball, and Adam was trying so hard, but he has so much muscle tone he was having a difficult time releasing the ball. Eventually he did it and we were all excited. Dan remembered that all day, the 2 of them are truly helping each other heal.

Adam has been graduated to meals now!!!  As long as he eats 50% of his meal he won't have to have tube feeds.  He is doing awesome!  He ate most of his lunch, but at dinner he didn't eat quite enough so he was given his tube feeds as well... it's coming!  In fact he's been doing so well that they started to crush his medications up and give it to him by mouth rather than through his g-tube.  The goal is to have his g-tube out in a month... GO ADAM!!!

In physical therapy today Adam was able to the Lokomat again.  The machine registers how much Adam does verses the machine.  Adam did the most I have seen him do yet!  At one point, he even told us out loud, that he needed a break! 

Adam had such an amazing day, he was awake all day!  He was a busy body today... trying to wheel himself all over.  He even became feisty at one point and kept unbuckling his seat belt and trying to stand up.  So the nurse had to order Adam a special seat belt for his chair, one that he can't unbuckle.  Adam's progress is amazing, beautiful, and wonderful... I just love that he is aware and awake, what an answer to prayer! God is so good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughter is a gift from Father, and a tool for healing. YAY, YAY, YAY his sense of humor is coming out. I am so glad he has Dan. Father knew just what Adam (Dan, too) would need when he had Adam brought to that unit. I love you guys and leave you in the hands of our Loving Father, good night, Marion

Debbie said...

I am so excited for you all! Thank you Lord!!

Anonymous said...

a time to weep and a time to laugh,... I'm looking forward to the day when it is Adam's time to dance again. Rejoicing and praying with you. Please give Mackenzie a big hug and kiss from me. Miss you.

Bev

Jess said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Love reading such wonderful news each day!

Blog Archive