Deuteronomy 10:17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome. I am just marveling at God's amazing awesomeness... is awesomeness a word? If not, oh well, you get the idea! The last 2 weeks has been the best 2 weeks of my life!
I heard and saw Adam laugh for the first time! I was laying with him this morning and talking with him, and in response to what I said he laughed. I just loved it! Several times throughout the day he laughed at other comments... Dan made a funny joke tonight and Adam laughed, it has been so great to see those 2 build a unique and sweet friendship.
This morning after I bathed Adam and got him ready for his day, I wheeled him into the hall. He asked me for a ball and when I gave him a ball, Dan and Adam played catch. Dan was trying to teach Adam to throw the ball, and Adam was trying so hard, but he has so much muscle tone he was having a difficult time releasing the ball. Eventually he did it and we were all excited. Dan remembered that all day, the 2 of them are truly helping each other heal.
Adam has been graduated to meals now!!! As long as he eats 50% of his meal he won't have to have tube feeds. He is doing awesome! He ate most of his lunch, but at dinner he didn't eat quite enough so he was given his tube feeds as well... it's coming! In fact he's been doing so well that they started to crush his medications up and give it to him by mouth rather than through his g-tube. The goal is to have his g-tube out in a month... GO ADAM!!!
In physical therapy today Adam was able to the Lokomat again. The machine registers how much Adam does verses the machine. Adam did the most I have seen him do yet! At one point, he even told us out loud, that he needed a break!
Adam had such an amazing day, he was awake all day! He was a busy body today... trying to wheel himself all over. He even became feisty at one point and kept unbuckling his seat belt and trying to stand up. So the nurse had to order Adam a special seat belt for his chair, one that he can't unbuckle. Adam's progress is amazing, beautiful, and wonderful... I just love that he is aware and awake, what an answer to prayer! God is so good!
- ► 2012 (38)
- My Man Said A Prayer
- Church, Friends, and Moving Forward In The Journey...
- No Steps Backwards When God Is In Control
- What An Amazing Day!!!
- Miracles Every Day ~ Praising The Lord For Every O...
- Thankful For Friendships
- Humbled By The Journey
- SO EXCITED TO BE TRAVELING THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!...
- God Is Strong In Our Weakness
- My Heart Is Full Of Praise
- Praising God For A Fantastic Week
- In Awe Of God's Presence
- A Special Friend
- "All 3 Root's Are Rambling Again!" ~ Debbie Hagan...
- My Man Loves Me
- Continuing To Rejoice, Continuing To Pray, Continu...
- God Truly Preforms Miracles
- Everything Is Beautiful In HIs Time
- Better Than Old, Better Than New!
- God's Hedge Is Around Us
- Our Hope Will Not Perish!
- Thankful For A Good Day
- God Is So Faithful In Hearing Our Prayers
- Family time, Quality time, and God's timing
- Crazy, Busy Day
- Learning To Forgive As Christ Has Forgiven
- Continuing To Pray
- Praising God For Our Blessings and Progress!
- Please Pray For Adam's Surgery Tomorrow.
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2010 (250)