Monday, January 10, 2011

Thankful For A Good Day

Tonight is a quick update...

I am so grateful to report that Adam has had a great day!  He participated in all his therapy sessions as well as extra games with me.  Today because Adam's stomach is feeling so much better, we wanted to get an idea of how long Adam would last up and about in his wheelchair... he did great, he lasted the longest ever... from 9:30am to 6:00pm (he went back to bed for 45 minutes, and all his therapies he was out of his chair).  It was so awesome to have him up for most of the day, now hopefully he'll be able to sleep well this evening.  After we got him in bed he crashed for about an hour and then woke and and watched the end of Up with Mackenzie.  And then tonight when I was leaving he was trying so hard to tell me something, when I told him he was doing a good job at trying to communicate with me he shook his head no and when I asked if he was trying to talk, he shook his head yes... it's coming!  It's only a matter of time before he'll be speaking!  I am praying so heard for his speech and language.  What a day he's had, praise God for all that Adam is doing!

This afternoon when Adam, Mackenzie, and I went to the cafeteria so that Mackenzie could do her homework and we could get out of the hospital, we ran into Gary, Holly, and their close friend Steve, we had a great time visiting and a time of prayer. "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7.  I am so thankful to have had this time to pray for the restoration of Gary and Adam.  What a gift it is to pray for others as well as to have my man prayed over.  Thank you to so many of you who have prayed over and for my man.  His progress is evidence of our prayers... thank you just doesn't seem like enough... but it's all I have right now, Thank you!  God is so good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an Wonderful report !! Go Adam ! I do love Joshua and I'm studying it again this month too along with you. Joshua 1:9 is my favorite.. "Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous... Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged for the Lord God will be with you wherever you go." I've watched your family grab hold of this verse day by day, moment by moment. It's a beautiful sight even in the midst of the pain of seeing the difficulty of this journey of faith and healing. Today my devotional reading reminded me of you Amy and Adam and Mackenzie.

"Every time you affirm your trust in Me, you put a coin into my treasury. Thus you build up equity in preparation for days of trouble. i keep safely in My heart all trust invested in Me, with interest compounded continuously. The more you trust Me, the more I empower you to do so.
Practice trusting Me during quiet days, when nothing much seems to be happening. Then when storms come, your trust balance will be sufficient to see you through. Store up for yourself treasure in heaven, through placing your trust in Me. This practice will keep you in My Peace." from Jan. 10 "Jesus Calling" Love, Jan

roadie said...

Rejoicing with you, Amy!!! Leanne

Anonymous said...

Amy!! Tell Mackenzie my granddughter and I were watching Up last night too!!! That's one Movie I really enjoy!! I am so excited for how well Adam is doing. I continue to trust Father for complete restorationfor Adam, and complete peace and Joy for you and Mackenzie. I love you and am honored to be a part of this journey, Marion

Blog Archive