Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thankful For Friendships

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments about Adam's roommate, I will pass along the prayer comments to the family.    


I am rejoicing once again in an awesome day with my man!  Adam and I had some awesome conversations today and every word that comes from his mouth I praise God for.  Today Adam was in his wheelchair and he was trying to unbuckle his seat belt and stand up, when I asked him where he was going the said, "he trying to get out of here."  I asked him where he wanted to go, he said, he wanted to go home with me.  I love my man.  He's doing so awesome!


In speech therapy today he had his first meal!  He had pureed pancakes, eggs, peaches, and orange juice.  He ate 90% of his breakfast meal!  Tomorrow he has one more trial meal, and then after that he will be placed on a meal plan that the dietitian will put together!  I am so excited that Adam's eating real food, I am sure it feels good for him too.  He's been fighting a bacteria infection in his mouth for 5 months now, and the only way to clear it up is by Adam eating again... the infection is starting to clear up and look so much better!  Totally praising God for all that He has done in Adam's healing!


In physical therapy, Erin placed Adam in a harness and I lift that lifted Adam up on his feet that helped hold his weight off his feet.  The lift just help suspend his body weight, while he walked with a walker!  He did amazing.  Sean, the EMT that has transported Adam several times, and that I have blogged about a few times, stopped by while Adam was walking with the walker... it was so awesome for Sean to see how far Adam has come... and it was so nice of Sean to stop by to check on Adam.  


In occupational therapy, Karla couldn't get over how expressive Adam was today... he was, he was so expressive he was making me laugh so hard.  I asked him a question and he shrugged his shoulders at me... it was so funny to see his facial expressions be as they used to... I just love my man.


Romans 15:5-6  May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.


Adam was hanging out with Dan again today... I was walking Adam in the halls this afternoon and Dan was in the hall and had his tray table in front of him.  As I was walking Adam past Dan, Adam grabbed onto Dan's tray table and when I stopped he waved at Dan and said Hi.  I was so excited, I said to Dan... see Dan, you are helping Adam heal every day... I haven't seen him do that yet.  I think it helped Dan today too.  Their friendship has been good for both of them.  Truly a special friendship where both encourage each other in ways we may never understand.  I am so grateful for Dan's family as well, they are all so great at encouraging Adam and making an effort to stop in a say hi to him.  Dan's brother Mike has gone out of his way to help our family several times... I am just so grateful for his family in how they have embraced our family.


Well, Boston is being hit again by another snow storm... ugh, I officially have experienced enough snow to last a lifetime.  It doesn't even melt, there is over 6 feet of snow on the sides of the roads... I have no clue where another 10 inches is going to go... this seems like such a long winter.  The great thing about the snow is the girls night it provides.  Mackenzie and I are having a sleep over with Stephanie tonight.  It's so great to hang out with friends and also to be so close to Adam.  

6 comments:

Kimberly Lynne said...

These blogs bring me such great joy...thanks Amy for taking the time to share the journey. Everyday there is more to rejoice in! I am so excited to hear he is eating and I am sure he will love it when it isn't pureed anymore:) Tell Adam the next time I see him I will come with whatever he wants to eat...Cherry cream pie maybe?! BBQ ribs, Rogers chicken, kalua pig...ANYTHING!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love you and am grateful for getting to read of Father's wonders for your Adam, it's the perfect ending to my day. If your friend brings kalua pig, I may have to stop by. :) Hugs, Marion

Anonymous said...

What Amy does not tell you is bow much she is doing for not only my family but for everyone else on the floor. When my brother Dan isn't whooping amy's butt in uno he is receiving constant attention,support and friendship from a truly special person. It is no wonder that Mackenzie is the most thoughtful and considerate 10 year old on the planet! Her man is very lucky to have them both and so are we. Adam and Dan will be back to normal before we know it and working together has truly been a blessing for me. Can't wait to see what's in store for both of them.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Dan and Adam's friendship is and will be a special one that brings much needed healing to both! God is so good!

To Dan's family...what a blessing it was to meet Mike, Tom, Lelia and Preyana. I can see how you all value family! May God continue to show you His amazing love and peace through your journey. I am so thankful for Dan and Adam's friendship. Thanks for the helping out with Mackenzie.

Love, Mom/Karen

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I know it has appeared that I dropped off the face of the earth for awhile. It is true that I have been very busy, but I still read your blog and pray for Adam every day. I am rejoicing with you during these exciting times!!!! We love you guys and love reading the new progress he is making every day.

Something cute to share:

Today, when we were doing Annabelle's Awana's assignment it asked her to draw a picture of something she talks to God about, and she said she wanted to draw a picture of Adam and Cale. It is so great that my kids faith is being challenged in this way, and they are getting to see your faith in action. I know this is building a strong foundation for them for when trials and tribulations come in their life.

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I am so happy that Adam is eating real food now. I am so happy and so amazed at how far he's come. God is good.

Brrrrrr, what a winter this has been. I love girls night, whish I could be a part of it. We say a prayer for your family everyday. Love you tons!

Tivian

Blog Archive