Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Special Friend

Rejoicing in another awesome day!!! Thank you for your prayers, Adam passed the swallow test today!!!!!! He starts on puree trials tomorrow and if all goes well for the next week then his diet will be adjusted appropreiately and he will begin on real foods! GO ADAM!!!

This morning I learned how to shower Adam, after his shower, Adam helped get his clothes on and get ready for his day! He is doing so awesome! Please keep praying that Adam will be able to do more activities of daily living like brushing his teeth, getting dressed, and showering, pray that he will be able to do these on his own. In physical therapy today Adam stood again in the parrelell bars and actually walked with assistance inside the bars... he did the length of the bars 3 times... I can't believe how strong he is getting and how much he is doing on his own. God is continuing to show us His miracluous hand throughout Adam's journey.

I couldn't sleep last night I was woken up several times out of excitment to offer praise up to my Savior for all that He has done, all that He is doing, and all the is yet to come. To God be the glory, great things He has done.  I can't help but praise the name of the Lord, because the name of the Lord is a strong tower, and it's HIS strength residing in Adam.  Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

There is another patient on Adam's floor named Dan, Adam and Dan have become buddies.  Dan talks all day long and I wheel Adam's chair next to Dan's and ask him to talk to Adam.  Today when I did that Dan said to Adam... "nice to see you again, remember me I your buddy Dan"  The miraculous thing about this is Dan has difficultly remembering anything longer than 2 minutes... his memory is getting stronger every day and he is healing.  So I loved that he remembered Adam.  Dan did tell me a couple of days ago "Adam doesn't say much, but he's a really good listener".  I told Dan that by talking to Adam he is helping Adam heal.  I am so grateful for this special friendship and special connection, they both need each other. 

3 comments:

Angela said...

Amy, I am a stranger in the natural, but a dear sister in Christ. My friend Jewel shared your blog with me early on in Adam's recovery. I prayed for him then and have been praying again with Jewel since the beginning of January. Your faith has inspired me and has jumped off the pages from the very beginning. Your faith has healed your husband and your own heart. I have a 2-year-old daughter, and as you're describing all the things Adam is relearning now I keep thinking of her and of how children grow. I love your comments about God's fingerprints on Adam's brain. I can see them there, reshaping and molding and fashioning him into the truest form of Adam. His mercies are new every morning, and his faithfulness is great. You are stirring up faith and acting in accord with the woman who transformed her entire town after one encounter with the Lord. I am looking forward to reading more about Adam and the others on the floor in the hospital with him. Full restoration is yours by faith, and it is day by day that you will see the faithfulness of our amazing God.

Anonymous said...

How awesome that Adam passed the swallow test! I was so touched by your description of this friendship between Adam and Dan. The beauty of a relationship crafted by the Lord is like a sparkling jewel. May all who don't know Christ, that are watching and listening to you each day....see HIS beauty everyday through your faithful witness Amy, Adam and Mackenzie !!
And thanks again to all 3 of you for the beauty and the Praise you bring to the Father that stirs our hearts to PRAISE HIM right along side you ! "But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of HIM !! Love, Jan

Anonymous said...

My Dear, I rejoice with you in how well Adam is doing. Father has even more surprises along the way. I am glad Father gave Dan to Adam. I continue to trust and thank Father for Adam, Mackenzie, and you. Much love, Marion

Blog Archive