Monday, January 24, 2011

SO EXCITED TO BE TRAVELING THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!

Stacie, Adam's speech therapist performed the coma recovery scale test again...  he scored 20 out of 23, she said she considers this score showing that Adam has emerged from his coma!!!!  PRAISE THE LORD, no seriously, stop right now and praise the Lord for all these miracles!  I can't stop praising, to say I am in awe of what God is doing and has done is a complete understatement. Exodus 23:25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you... How I love my sweet Jesus!!!

The day just got better and better... you know how yesterday I mentioned that Adam was wheeling himself down the hall backwards in his chair, today he figured out how to go forward and was walking his chair forward while he was sitting in it.  In physical therapy Adam got back on the Lokomat robotic machine and walked over a 1/4 mile today!!!  He was pretty tired when he was done, he slept for hours, but it was so awesome to see how incredible he did.

So Adam and I have been have had several huge comversations today... this evening he asked me how did he get to a hospital in Massachusetts and I asked him if he wanted me to tell him the story of all that has happened.  He said yes, and I told him most of the story in 3 parts and slowly... he was having a difficult time hearing the story... he said he can't believe all that happened to him.  Tonight when we were done praying together he told me that he liked it when I pray for him... then I told him I didn't want to go, he lifted the covers for me to climb in next to him and said "you can stay here with me" and then smiled at me.  Oh how I wish I could stay with him, I miss being with him so much.

I love my man so much, he is a miracle.  Please keep praying for his speech, while he's talking great, his speech is slurred and sometimes difficult to understand.  So please keep praying for his healing.  Please keep praying for Adam as he is becoming aware of some of his deficits, and lack of strength, pray that he will not be discouraged, but to keep persevering and having courage to heal.  Please keep praying for Adam's FULL recovery.  His healing has only just begun, please keep praying!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I am blessed with your gifts from Father. Adam's going forward in the wheelchair is just a picture of his going forward in his healing...I mean, he will be walking. I rejoice with you in his score of 20 out of 23. From following you, and two other TBI'S, I sort of understand. Father is good. Hugs to you, Adam, and Mackenzie. Marion

Anonymous said...

Lots of praising and crying and thanking Jesus and rejoicing.... tears of Joy! I love you guys so much...please know we are with you every step of the way.

Adam we are praying for you through out each day...work hard, fight hard, pray hard and keep your eyes on Jesus!
We love you, Uncle Roger and Auntie Kimberly

Teri Hooper said...

First - thank you for directing all of us reading this to stop right now and Praise God! We oops I should say I need to do that always. If not, as I read, I am on to the next thing to praise Him for and I don't want to miss any of them!! Miracle after miracle. Second - I cannot tell you what joy it brings to read you and Adam are having conversations. Not that you haven't all along, because I KNOW you have been communicating every single day, but to have conversations with such verbal dialogue - oh PRAISE GOD!!!! He who began a good work.....How amazing for you to see and us to hear how God is knitting him together bit by bit. I just love the psalm that talks about His knitting me. I love that visual of the small, indiviual strings building into a long row that eventually become the most amazing finished piece. And when I watch someone knit, how loving and gentle their hands and faces - the peace I see! It makes me want to learn. I walked the beach this weekend and bent to pick up a shell that was completely smoothed over time, and couldn't help praising God about how he does that to me. I am a jagged, sharp, dirty, smelly shell that he is turning into a polished piece of beauty. I couldn't help but think of Adam. And to think that HE sees us as the finished project. He has the vision of exactly what we will look like when He is done. When I pick up the original shell, I see a thing of beauty but it is nothing compared to the piece finished over time by the battering of the waves and the sand. Adam has been battered by the waves, but the polishing is shining through. Makes me think of that song, Beautiful Things. He is making such a beautiful thing with your family and THROUGH your family. Love and miss y'all!

Jewel said...

Praying, and praising and crying here thinking about all of this! Just overwhelmed by how amazing God is and thankful for how faithful you are Amy! Nothing will be wasted from this journey!:)

Anonymous said...

Praising and praising God for this miraculous report !! Can't wait to give this amazing praise report to our small group.

Thought of you both today as I read this .....From the book Jesus Calling:

Jan. 25 "Through the intimacy of our relationship, you are being transformed from the inside out.
As you keep your focus on Me, I form you into the one I desire you to be. Your part is to yield to My creative work in you, neither resisting it nor trying to speed it up. Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Me set the pace. Hold My hand in childlike trust, and the way before you will open up step by step." Heb. 13:15; 2 Cor. 3:18; Psalm 73:23-24
Love, Jan

Mindy said...

Amy--
I haven't been following your blog but I go to the same church as your mom and have been following you all through her.
I am in awe of the miracle that God has given to you all! I'm so happy to share in your joy! I'll keep praying for continued healing!
-Mindy

Christina said...

Yayayayayayayayayayay! I'm so excited and happy! Oh Amy what a blessing and a miracle! Praise the Lord indeed!

Blog Archive