Today has been a sleepy day for all of us... I blame the snow. We are so over all this snow, rumor has it we're expecting another winter blizzard on Tuesday... ugh.
One good thing about the weather is Mackenzie got a snow day and was able to be with us all day!!! Adam has been pretty tired all day, I think it's because he has been working so hard this week, he's just exhausted. Even though Adam was tired today, he still worked so hard in his therapies. In physical therapy Adam did amazing!!! He was on the walking machine (the one called the Lite Gait), he took several unassisted steps while in the harness!!! In speech today Adam is enjoying starting on liquids and purees. I was able to get cleared for feeding Adam today so off to the store Mackenzie and I went and bought Adam some yogurts, sorbet, and other puree foods. He seemed to really enjoy it tonight. YAY, he's eating!!!! His speech therapist Stacie, will be working with him next week to see how he does eating an entire meal, if he tolerates a meal then she will work with the dietitian to come up with a meal plan and work Adam off his tube feeds. So exciting!!! In occupational therapy today, Karla worked on getting Adam to stretch and reach forward. She also worked on getting Adam to look to the right.
Please keep praying that Adam's tightness in his neck that prevents him from turning his head to the right comfortably... pray that his tightness goes away. Pray also for his vision, we don't know what his vision is, we won't know until Adam can communicate what he can and can't see. Please pray that there is no vision problems. He does know and recognize colors which is awesome, I had two bottles that were exactly the same except the colors, and when I asked him to grab a certain color he grabbed the appropriate color every time!
Mackenzie and I had the privilege of having breakfast with Dr. Chae this morning. It was so encouraging and fun to talk about what a mighty God we serve and the incredibly miraculous week Adam has had. Psalm 43:4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. (A lyre is a musical instrument).
- ► 2012 (38)
- My Man Said A Prayer
- Church, Friends, and Moving Forward In The Journey...
- No Steps Backwards When God Is In Control
- What An Amazing Day!!!
- Miracles Every Day ~ Praising The Lord For Every O...
- Thankful For Friendships
- Humbled By The Journey
- SO EXCITED TO BE TRAVELING THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!...
- God Is Strong In Our Weakness
- My Heart Is Full Of Praise
- Praising God For A Fantastic Week
- In Awe Of God's Presence
- A Special Friend
- "All 3 Root's Are Rambling Again!" ~ Debbie Hagan...
- My Man Loves Me
- Continuing To Rejoice, Continuing To Pray, Continu...
- God Truly Preforms Miracles
- Everything Is Beautiful In HIs Time
- Better Than Old, Better Than New!
- God's Hedge Is Around Us
- Our Hope Will Not Perish!
- Thankful For A Good Day
- God Is So Faithful In Hearing Our Prayers
- Family time, Quality time, and God's timing
- Crazy, Busy Day
- Learning To Forgive As Christ Has Forgiven
- Continuing To Pray
- Praising God For Our Blessings and Progress!
- Please Pray For Adam's Surgery Tomorrow.
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2010 (250)