Sunday, January 2, 2011

Please Pray For Adam's Surgery Tomorrow.

I am celebrating the new year, I can't even begin to tell you what an awesome day Adam has had.  A few days ago I mentioned Adam has had a difficult time moving his head to the right, as soon as I walked he looked all the way to the right to see who was coming through the door, as soon as he saw it was me he smiled.  All day Adam was alert and doing all sorts of things, from brushing his teeth to working with me on a puzzle.

I have really been praying that Adam will hold onto the scripture verse Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”  To trust that God will continue to give him the courage he needs for this journey.  I started reading Adam the book of Joshua to help him see that God is going before him and has given him the courage he needs for this moment.  As I was reading to him he started to vocalize, I asked him if he wanted me to keep reading to him and he said yes, so I kept reading to him, and he started to vocalize louder.  So then I asked him if he wanted me to reread what I had just read and he shook his head yes.  I read the part where the Israelites went from being in the wilderness and crossed the Jordan into the promised land.  I told Adam that just like the Israelites were were given their promise land, Adam will too be given his promise land.  I ended up reading that section to him 3 times and normally Adam will only last a chapter when I am reading, today we read 5 chapters before he was done. 

Adam and I will continue to read through the book of Joshua and I encourage you all to join us as the Isrealites make their way into the promise land and learn to trust in God and not themselves... I am praying that Adam and I will learn to trust in Him fullly and completely for this journey.  I love him so much, and I ask all of you to pray for Adam's courage to trust in God for this whole journey, pray against discouragement.

Tomorrow morning Adam goes in for the operation on his his granuloma.   We will be transferred to the hospital in the morning Adam is scheduled for surgery at 11am, Dr. Song says the surgery will be a few hours, then Adam will be kept there overnight to be monitored and then back at Spaulding Tuesday early afternoon.  Please pray for Dr. Song and all those who will be working with Adam tomorrow, please also pray that this surgery will not have any set backs.  Pray that the recovery will be quick and painless.  Please also continue to pray for Adam's FULL recovery.

I am giving God so much praise and being so grateful for so many miracles, for my hugs and kisses I get from Adam every day, I love my man so much and it's amazing to see how far he has come, I am so excited to see what God is going to do in Adam's recovery this year.

1 comment:

Mary Strynar said...

I am praying now and will be throughout the day. I'm so thankful this day has finally arrived. May the LORD continue to bring Adam to a full recovery.

Blog Archive