Psalm 9:18 But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.
I am really clinging onto the words of this verse today, it is truly only the Lord who knows all the affliction Adam and I have endured and are dealing with... and look, we were given the promise that our hope will not perish! It's because God is the author of our hope, the giver of hope and he promises that it will not perish... what a blessing and amazing promise to cling to. God is so good. I am praising Him for the hope that he has given me this moment.
Today was a rocky start but a strong finish... Adam started his day being very sleepy, he didn't sleep well last night so he was pretty hard to keep awake this morning, but by this afternoon and evening he was doing awesome!
This morning in speech therapy Adam was able to try licking a Tootsie Pop, we were truly trying to figure out how many licks it would take to get to the middle. He did great, the purpose was to try to get him to stick his tongue out and he did! He stuck out his tongue and leaned forward to lick the Tootsie Pop. He also did the same with the spoon and ice chips, so he did great!
I am so proud of my man today!!! He accomplished one of his short term goals for this week and it's only Tuesday! GO ADAM!!! Each week, each therapist set goals for that week for Adam to achieve and today in physical therapy he stood in the standing frame for over 30 minutes and stayed awake the whole time, he's amazing!!! In occupational therapy Adam worked on leaning forward and reaching for an object, he did amazes me every day how hard he works, he was so successful. The littlest things exhaust Adam to no end, so for him to push himself and work as hard as he does every day for as long as he does, I am amazed and thankful that God is giving Adam the strength that he needs to get through moment by moment. God is truly sustaining my man.
Well, we are preparing for another blizzard to hit tonight and tomorrow, so please pray for the safety of the staff that cares for Adam as they travel to and from work. As for Mackenzie and I we are staying close to Spaulding tonight, we are with Jennifer and Stephanie at their apartment about 3 blocks from Spaulding. This brings so much comfort to me to be so close and not have to worry about the blizzard. What a blessing it is to be able to be so close.
- ► 2012 (38)
- My Man Said A Prayer
- Church, Friends, and Moving Forward In The Journey...
- No Steps Backwards When God Is In Control
- What An Amazing Day!!!
- Miracles Every Day ~ Praising The Lord For Every O...
- Thankful For Friendships
- Humbled By The Journey
- SO EXCITED TO BE TRAVELING THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!...
- God Is Strong In Our Weakness
- My Heart Is Full Of Praise
- Praising God For A Fantastic Week
- In Awe Of God's Presence
- A Special Friend
- "All 3 Root's Are Rambling Again!" ~ Debbie Hagan...
- My Man Loves Me
- Continuing To Rejoice, Continuing To Pray, Continu...
- God Truly Preforms Miracles
- Everything Is Beautiful In HIs Time
- Better Than Old, Better Than New!
- God's Hedge Is Around Us
- Our Hope Will Not Perish!
- Thankful For A Good Day
- God Is So Faithful In Hearing Our Prayers
- Family time, Quality time, and God's timing
- Crazy, Busy Day
- Learning To Forgive As Christ Has Forgiven
- Continuing To Pray
- Praising God For Our Blessings and Progress!
- Please Pray For Adam's Surgery Tomorrow.
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2010 (250)