Saturday, January 29, 2011

No Steps Backwards When God Is In Control

I have been reminding myself that when God is in control, there are no steps backwards.

Adam hit a speed bump today... this morning Adam wasn't making a lot of sense and was somewhat out of it.  Then early this afternoon, Adam had another seizure.  Mackenzie and I were both there so while I helped Adam, Mackenzie ran and got help. The doctor was able to get everything under control quickly, and they loaded Adam with an anti-seizure medication.  Adam was pretty out of it for awhile, but a couple hours after he seized he woke up and seemed to be okay.  He started talking, not all of what he was saying was making sense, not all that he was saying was even words.  The Doctor said it was a good sign that he was talking and responding so quickly.  Hopefully it will only be a short matter of time before he's back to where he was.

The doctor restarted anti-seizure medication in hopes to ward off any further seizure activity and to help make Adam more comfortable.  All these medications make Adam feel out of it, and causes him to be exhausted.  I am praying that this seizure won't be a set back, but a leap ahead in Adam's recovery.  I am hoping that this is a sign of the brain rewiring itself.  Please pray for Adam as his body recovers from this seizure.  The doctors are running a ton of tests to make sure that an infection isn't brewing and to eliminate that as a reason for seizing.  So far Adam's lab work has been perfect... please keep praying for man.  I know and believe that there are NO steps backwards when God is in control.

I also know that God is walking before us every step of the way, so as hard as it was to go through Adam's seizure today, I know that it did not catch God by surprise.  I am trusting that this is all apart of his plan for Adam.  Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.  I love this scripture verse, powerfully strong and gives me so much hope.  God reminded us that he has given me hope and peace for the journey.

Please pray for Mackenzie tonight as well, this was the first seizure she witnessed and it shook her up pretty good.  Thankfully Dan's mom was near by and took Mackenzie for a while and did a great job explaining everything to her so that she could understand it. I am so grateful that God has provided such wonderful people on this journey.  He truly provides all we need.  We are continuing to trust and believe in God for all we need, our hope, strength, and rest all comes from God and He alone provides all we need.

Thank you all for praying for my man and my kiddo. 

6 comments:

Christina said...

Hey Amy- I'm praying for y'all. I hated reading about this incident today, but I will trust that God is in control. I was listening to a new song last night that you need to hear too if you haven't already. It's on Chris Tomlin's new CD and it's called "I will lift my hands". It's so lovely and I think it would be great for the three of you to listen to! Love you so much! Christina

Anonymous said...

As you said today was just a speed bump in his recovery, and hopefully one that will propel him forward. Will lift the three of you up in my prayers tonight before I go to bed. God is in control, guiding you every step of the way. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Love Always,
Rebecca

Mary Strynar said...

I have always believed that a seizure in Adam was his brain re-wiring because seizure activity is activity. God is knitting him back together. I love the picture of Mackenzie and Adam. While Mark and Tim were playing Wii Fit yesterday Mark noticed that Adam still has the high score for the game where you use your head to hit soccer balls! ; )

Anonymous said...

Because we know God, the great Physician, knows what Adam needs to heal we can trust His speed bumps, can't we. What a beautiful Scripture you chose to base your HOPE upon. He is the WORD and we can trust the WORD, Amen! As Adam rests we are praying with you that his mind is being knit together and restored in a way that prepares him for the next part of his healing!and steps forward! He has worked so hard and accomplished so much recently! How amazing the Father's provision for Mackenzie and He certainly would not have allowed her to be there if it was not going to be used for good in her life. So we pray that with you Amy ! Have a blessed Sabbath !
Love,Jan and Wayne

Anonymous said...

What a great scripture you chose. He is your source of joy and strength. What an encouragment that is Amy! He holds you all in the palm of His hand. What comfort that must be! Love you so much!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I just know Father has a wonderous future for Mackenzie. He is giving her all this training for a special perpose. I rejoice with you that Adam quickly came out of the seizure. I will trust Father to keep all of you in the bubble of His love. Marion

Blog Archive