Monday, January 31, 2011

My Man Said A Prayer

Today has been another awesome day....  When Dr. Chae came by and rounded on Adam this morning he told me he believes that Adam's seizure he had on Saturday was a break through seizure.  He described it to me this way.  Some one like Adam who has been making so much progress in a short amount of time seizes, it signs his brain in rewiring.  He said that this week will be a tell tell sign, he believes Adam will just go leaps and bounds ahead.  So please pray for Adam's continued progress this week.

Since Adam has been progressing so quickly in such a short amount of time, Dr.Chae wants to switch all of Adam's therapists to get a fresh set of eyes on Adam as well as a new team challenging Adam.  I am sad to let Adam's current therapists go, but SO excited for new eyes and new challenges!!!  This is awesome!  Please pray that the transition will go smoothly.  Adam starts with all new therapists on Wednesday.  GO ADAM!

Adam has been on the move today, he was a wheeling man... wheeling himself up and down the hall.  This morning I was trying to get Adam to go forward, it was so awesome... Dan, and another patient Mike, placed their wheelchairs opposite of Adam and encouraged him to go forward... it was so awesome to see Adam to respond to Mike and Dan... Adam did it and he did great!  Thanks guys!

My favorite moment of the day came when I was tucking Adam in this evening... Every night when I tuck him in and before I leave for the night we pray together.  Tonight I asked Adam to pray for us, and he did!!!  His prayer was so clear and I could hear it so well.  It was so awesome to hear my man pray for us for the first time in 8 and half months.  He's incredible, to God be the glory! Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

I am in awe of what God is doing, and so excited for what is to come... continuing to praise Him for all our blessings.

7 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Simply incredible and praiseworthy. You have never given up on your man. Just wait until he reads your words for himself. You better have boxes of Kleenex for that day. What a beautiful testimony to God's faithfulness!

Jess said...

So wonderful!!! Praise God for all his continued answers to our prayers. I'm really so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh what awesome work the Lord is doing. WOW !! Lord we pray you annoint and handpick that new team of therapists. Please let the aroma of Christ from Amy and Adam bring incredible joy and blessing in their lives. Let their skills be sharpened by your annointing on them and may they bless Adam and many many others as you give them insight and wisdom that they will come to learn is truly YOUR POWER at work through them !!
Love you guys, Jan and Wayne

autumn weikert said...

Praise the Lord!! I love the Words in the Bible suddenly and immediately. I knew the day would come when Adam would suddenly and immediately move forward in leaps and bounds. We also look forward to the day when we can hear Adam's voice again. My heart has been so full and my eyes have been overflowing with tears of joy. Everyday our family presses into the throne of grace and mercy for God's miracle to manifest in the Root family. The fullness of it all. Amy and Mackenzie we ask the Lord to continue to strengthen and fill you with His peace. There is a place in our hearts that will always be held just for you guys. We will ask the Lord to handpick Adam's new therapists. We love and miss you guys like crazy. Steve, Autumn and Hannah

Anonymous said...

Leaps and Bounds! That is exactly how we have been praying....Gods grace is amazing!
Love you, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I am excited for Adam's healing. It is quite something to have new therapists. I will trust Father's favor is with you all. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

What a nice blessing for you Amy as Adam prays. It's just the beginning of all the good that lies ahead! Rejoicing with you!

Tell Dan I send my love and prayers.

Love, Mom

Blog Archive