Monday, January 17, 2011

My Man Loves Me

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land. "  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Adam didn't have a normal schedule today because it was considered a hospital holiday since it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  He only was able to receive 15 minutes of occupational therapy and 10 minutes of physical therapy... so not much.  In physical therapy he stood in the parallel bars again... he is getting stronger!  In occupational therapy today Karla put him back into his wheelchair and she didn't get him all the way towards the back of the chair, Adam tried lifting himself up to scoot himself back!  Please pray that his strength will return quickly so that when he tries to do these things he is able to.  Adam was pretty sleepy most of the day, but I told him today was a good rest day and I think he was just taking advantage.  He took several long naps today, but he's also been working harder and harder every moment.

This evening he woke up for a second wind and so I gave him a haircut and we visited with other patients and their families, and the nurses.  Everyone keeps making comments on how well he is doing and how awesome he looks.  I am in awe of my Lord who, by His hand only has made it possible that Adam is being healed one neuron at a time.  When we got back to his room I was talking to him and he is trying so hard to talk back to me.  He rambles sentences, but at the moment they are not words just yet, every once in a while he responds clearly with words.  Tonight I asked him what my name was and he whispered, "your name is Amy Root"!!!  Praise the Lord, for He is so faithful!  Another awesome and surprising praise is he is saying yes and no for his nurse Kendra.  It's so awesome to see him answer the staff, he's doing so good!

I just love my man so much, he blesses me every day just by the way he looks at me.  He's such an incredible friend, and an amazing husband.  Tonight after I got him all tucked in, I was laying next to him and talking with him, I told him how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband, I told him he deserves every ounce of respect and honor I have... I thanked him for choosing me to be his wife, he lifted his hand, touched my face and said "I love you"... I love him so much, that there are no words to describe it.  How blessed I am that God brought our lives together.  1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Oh how I love this man!

5 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

Oh Amy how I wish I could be there to hug you and tease Adam and Mackenzie. I'm so blessed today. I will be lifting your family up in prayer all day today. If you can I want you, Mackenzie and Karen to listen to "How He Loves" by the David Crowder Band. I love you! And I loved how Debbie said "Now there's 3 Roots rambling!" : )

Anonymous said...

Amen! So exciting to see such progress. God is so good and in His timing, Adam will be healed. I so appreciate your updates - its' makes it easier for you to be there and us to be here. We keep praying!

Amy J

Anonymous said...

My Friend, I am overjoyed at how well things are going for you and your sweetie. Father is good. Hearing our men's voices speaing in love can indeed mealt our hearts. After 32 years married to my man, I have many such moments. :) I love you, Marion Please say hi to Mackenzie, thanks.

Kimberly Lynne said...

My heart is overjoyed!

Temarie said...

Adam,
We have been praying so much for you to talk and now you are! God is doing an amazing work in and through you! We admire you so much for your strength, courage, and perseverence! You have many prayer warriors lifting you up! We have had so many people in our church ask about you and tell us that they've been praying for you! "The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired.His understanding is inscrutable. He give strength to the weary and to him who lacks might He increases power." Isa. 40:28-29. Keep up the fight Adam, the Lord will give you strength!

Blog Archive