Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Heart Is Full Of Praise

Quick update since it's so late...

We are rejoicing in another great day!  We had a great day hanging out as a family and spending the day together.  Adam was much more awake today than he was yesterday, so I am praising the Lord for continued progress.  Today Adam was sitting in his chair and I moved him against the wall to let someone else pass him and he grabbed the railing in the hallway and started pushing himself backwards in his chair... it cracked me up to watch him as he wheeled himself down the hall going backwards.

Adam was able to enjoy yogurt, sorbet, and pureed sweet potatoes... I can't even begin to express how wonderful it is to see Adam eating again! He actually fed himself the yogurt for several bites.  I am so proud of him!  What a miraculous and wonderful week we have had, God deserves all the glory, He is worthy of all praise. I can't help but lift my hands up and praise him for all that he has done this week.  Praise the Lord for the healing that is taking place!

I was invited to a Bible study that meets on Saturday nights, through Dr. Chae's church.  It has been so neat to get to know several of the families there and to begin to build relationships, this has been a huge answer to prayer to find fellowship with other believers.  The study is titled "Walking With God Through The Desert"  This was so timely since Adam and I have been going through Joshua and learning about the journey of the Israelites.  Deuteronomy 32:10 In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye...  What a wonderful description of how God takes care of us when we are in our desert moments.  He shields us, protects, provides for us, and loves us.  He uses our desert moments to teach us to be dependent on Him.  I am just so excited to be a part of this Bible study and to see what God has to teach me!

2 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

Isa 49:10 "They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water." I miss you, Adam & Mackenzie. I Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, I am so proud of you. It's just like Father to give a "drink" when we are in the dry place. I am glad you are in a bible study with other believers. I'm finding mine to be a true blessing. I continue to thank, and trust Father for you and your sweet family. You are a true gift, Marion

Blog Archive