Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Learning To Forgive As Christ Has Forgiven

I truly love how God supplies all that we need, He has so faithfully provided for us through so many of you... thank you all of you for all that you have done to bless our family... I know I say this often, but I truly mean it, God will repay what I cannot, thank you.

Today, Lord knew I needed the joy of a fellow believer, God delivered me Gary and Holly... Gary was discharged from Spaulding on Christmas Eve, but returned today for a follow appointment and therapy.  I had the privilege and honor to have lunch with them in the cafeteria.  The joy that God gave me through the time we spent together has been such a blessing.  I am going to ask you all to pray for me as I asked Gary and Holly to do... pray that I can forgive those who have wronged Adam in his care, pray that God will fill me with his joy and that I would be able to handle myself with grace given from above so that we can be a light amongst so much darkness.  Please join me in continuing to pray for those who care for Adam, this is extremely important.  Pray that the Lord will allow me to see the staff through His eyes, and to love them where they're at.  Pray that I will have compassion.  Pray Ephesians 4:32 for me,  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  

This is so the cry of my heart, I want to be kind, and compassionate, and I want to forgive as Christ has forgiven me and removed my transgressions as far as the east is from the west.  Lord, you see my heart, you see my pain, my frustrations, my sorrow, and you see my joys.  Lord, I ask that you soften my heart, so that I can be kind, compassionate, and can forgive in the way that You have called me to.  Continue to refine me, so that I can become more like you.  Give me the strength to trust that You are with Adam taking care of his needs at night when I am not there.  Give me joy in my days.  Thank you God for never leaving me, for walking before me, for forgiving me and showing me how to walk with you.  You are so Holy, and sovereign, all knowing, and I praise you that you are omnipresent. Oh how I love you... Amen.

Guess what?!!!  Adam had his first shower since before the accident!  How wonderful to take one more step closer to a normal lifestyle.  Almost 8 months he hasn't showered, don't worry... he's been bathed, just not showered.  It overwhelmed him just because it had been so long since he has showered, and the stimulation from the warm water pouring on him as well as several people in the shower with him to help.  Karla his occupational therapist said she is planning on showering him once a week for the next couple weeks and then increase it as he gets used to it and tolerates it better. After Karla showered Adam she wheeled him up to the sink where he reached forward turned on the water and helped brush his teeth.  It's so great to see him trying to take care of himself.

Adam had an off day today, every time either myself or one of the therapists asked him if he was feeling okay, he would shake his head no.  His stomach was upset all day and he just didn't look well.  He still participated in all his therapies, and communicated with head nods, he even stayed awake for almost the entire day.  My concern is his left eye... it was off again today, wondering... which usually means somethings up with his cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) and his shunt.  Adam goes first thing in the morning for another CT, so please pray that Adam's stomach will start to feel better, and pray that his shunt can manage his CSF and that his CSF will resolve itself.

I don't think I will ever be able to articulate appropriately how grateful I am that I can come to you all and ask you all to pray for me, my man, and my kiddo and you do... you all have been so faithful in your support.  Your letter, care packages, postcards, words of encouragement, text messages, facebook messages, emails, ect... have all meant a great deal to Adam, Mackenzie, and myself,  thank you so much.  You all make each day brighter and easier to get through, thank you.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Praying for the CT! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Amy!! Boy, am I glad you cleared that up about bathing and the shower!!! I was wondering!:) :) You know, my friend, forgiveness is an act of the will, NOT a feeling. I have learned to say I forgive..... and then let Father God take care of my feelings. One time I wrote what was eating me, on a paper, and burned it. Kind of like the alters in the Old Testament. Then when satan pulled his favorite trick of "you havn't forgiven ...." I could say get thee behind me satan, there's my alter. I love you and continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Marion

Blog Archive