Micah 6:8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
This journey has been so humbling... and today, I am just thanking God for Adam's healing. Knowing that you all walked this journey with me and know the up's and down's we've had. You all know that when we have had speed bumps along the way, and in those moments we have experienced deep pains of sorrow and grief. I am writing all of this because today while I am rejoicing in Adam's healing, I have also been humbled by reflecting back on our journey. I started reflecting today because Adam's roommate who has been doing so well and was to be discharged early next week, had a massive seizure and was sent to Massachusetts General Hospital... my heart just breaks for the family, just knowing how hard it is to hit these speed bumps. Please pray for Adam's roommate and his family.
Adam has had a good day today. In speech today he ate peaches, and tomorrow it looks like he will get to try his first full meal... please pray for Adam's stomach to handle a meal and to settle down again. He has had an upset stomach again today and they believe it might just be because Adam's digestive system hasn't had to digest real food. He even told me today that his stomach hurt, so please pray for his stomach to feel better tomorrow.
In physical therapy today Erin worked with Adam on the parallel bars, Adam stood by himself in the bars and then took a couple steps with assistance from Erin... Please pray for his muscle tone to decrease, he's fighting a lot of tone in his walking capabilities... and it causes him to be so stiff. Pray that his muscles will relax to work properly. In occupational therapy, Karla worked with Adam on brushing his teeth and taking of care his daily needs... Adam did great and communicated well.
This evening, Adam's buddy Dan (the patient I shared with you all that has become friends with us) came into the room and chatted with Adam, I thought it was so awesome that he wanted to be in Adam's room and not anywhere else. Dan's nurse kept coming in asking him if he wanted to leave and he said no he was in the best place for him right now and then asked her to not ask him again... I thought that was so sweet, that Dan wanted to hang out with Adam, Mackenzie, and I. I love that God provides all that we need, even friends in the most unlikely place.
- ► 2012 (38)
- My Man Said A Prayer
- Church, Friends, and Moving Forward In The Journey...
- No Steps Backwards When God Is In Control
- What An Amazing Day!!!
- Miracles Every Day ~ Praising The Lord For Every O...
- Thankful For Friendships
- Humbled By The Journey
- SO EXCITED TO BE TRAVELING THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!...
- God Is Strong In Our Weakness
- My Heart Is Full Of Praise
- Praising God For A Fantastic Week
- In Awe Of God's Presence
- A Special Friend
- "All 3 Root's Are Rambling Again!" ~ Debbie Hagan...
- My Man Loves Me
- Continuing To Rejoice, Continuing To Pray, Continu...
- God Truly Preforms Miracles
- Everything Is Beautiful In HIs Time
- Better Than Old, Better Than New!
- God's Hedge Is Around Us
- Our Hope Will Not Perish!
- Thankful For A Good Day
- God Is So Faithful In Hearing Our Prayers
- Family time, Quality time, and God's timing
- Crazy, Busy Day
- Learning To Forgive As Christ Has Forgiven
- Continuing To Pray
- Praising God For Our Blessings and Progress!
- Please Pray For Adam's Surgery Tomorrow.
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2010 (250)