Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Humbled By The Journey

Micah 6:8   He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

This journey has been so humbling... and today, I am just thanking God for Adam's healing.  Knowing that you all walked this journey with me and know the up's and down's we've had.  You all know that when we have had speed bumps along the way, and in those moments we have experienced deep pains of sorrow and grief.  I am writing all of this because today while I am rejoicing in Adam's healing, I have also been humbled by reflecting back on our journey.  I started reflecting today because Adam's roommate who has been doing so well and was to be discharged early next week, had a massive seizure and was sent to Massachusetts General Hospital... my heart just breaks for the family, just knowing how hard it is to hit these speed bumps.  Please pray for Adam's roommate and his family.

Adam has had a good day today.  In speech today he ate peaches, and tomorrow it looks like he will get to try his first full meal... please pray for Adam's stomach to handle a meal and to settle down again.  He has had an upset stomach again today and they believe it might just be because Adam's digestive system hasn't had to digest real food.   He even told me today that his stomach hurt, so please pray for his stomach to feel better tomorrow. 

In physical therapy today Erin worked with Adam on the parallel bars, Adam stood by himself in the bars and then took a couple steps with assistance from Erin... Please pray for his muscle tone to decrease, he's fighting a lot of tone in his walking capabilities... and it causes him to be so stiff.  Pray that his muscles will relax to work properly.    In occupational therapy, Karla worked with Adam on brushing his teeth and taking of care his daily needs... Adam did great and communicated well.

This evening, Adam's buddy Dan (the patient I shared with you all that has become friends with us) came into the room and chatted with Adam, I thought it was so awesome that he wanted to be in Adam's room and not anywhere else.  Dan's nurse kept coming in asking him if he wanted to leave and he said no he was in the best place for him right now and then asked her to not ask him again... I thought that was so sweet, that Dan wanted to hang out with Adam, Mackenzie, and I.  I love that God provides all that we need, even friends in the most unlikely place. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Adam's roomate. I will add him to my daily email. Rejoicing in Adam's continued progress.
Praise be to God.
Vicky Scott

Anonymous said...

Dear One, Yes, I too, will pray for Adam's roommate. I continue to trust and thank Father for Adam's healing. The stomach thing will work itself out. I know it will. :) You know, as sad as it is for Adam's roommate to have such a setback, I am glad you and Adam have a few moments of just you guys again. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord is right! What a terrific news. Amy, could you please ask Adam if you can send some pictures of him so we can make the connection more specific as we lift him up in prayer. I'd love to be able to see him, his work on the machines, a smile or two...something. Please ask. I know you have not wanted to send pictures until he gave an okay and I respect that. If he would allow, I think it would help everyone connect. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lord we pray for Adams digestive system to work again and that the adjustment would be quick and painless. We praise you lord for all the progress Adam has been showing us, Thank you for your continued grace and blessing upon Adam, Amy and Mackenzie. We praise and thank you for your amazing grace and continued healing touch. Amen

Anonymous said...

Amy, my friend, I understand about asking for pictures of Adam. Yes, we would connect in a way, BUT, the prayer cards help us connect, and with them we connect with his commpletly healed state, not where Father has him right now. :) I love you!! Marion

Anonymous said...

I was touched to hear Dan is hanging out with Adam! How wonderful! Go Adam and Go Dan! My continued prayers for those on the 8th floor!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

God is so good to bring Adam to this point ... truly amazing progress! We will continue to pray for his complete healing and for his roommate too. Thank you for sharing all of the daily details.

Blessings to your and your family,
Ken High

Blog Archive