Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!  Welcome to 2011. 

I am so excited for what 2011 is going to bring... Adam is already off to a great start, he's had a great day!  After I got Adam ready for his day and up in his wheelchair I wheeled Adam down to the 3rd floor and we visited another patient that we have become friends with.  Jeff is from Bermuda and was in a kite surfing accident there.  I have become friends with Stephanie, Jeff's fiance, and Jennifer, Stephanie's mom.  So Adam, Mackenzie and I went down to see Jeff, Stephanie, and Jennifer.  It was so great to see Jeff and Adam interact.  Adam and Jeff just kept looking at each other.  After we visited Jeff, we were given permission to go outside!  It was 50 degrees and such a nice day, this was the first day Adam has been outside since October! He loved it!  Later in the day I was given permission and was trained how to use the bike in the therapy gym so since Adam didn't have therapy today I took him to the gym and he was able to use the bike.  He rode the bike for 35 minutes and he did awesome!

This evening my friend Teri Hooper who is in town still from NC came and sat with Adam while Mackenzie and I went over to Stephanie's and Jennifer's for dinner.  It was so nice of Teri to sit with Adam and Mackenzie and I were able to get out for a bit.  We are truly blessed with such great friends.  After getting Adam ready for bed,  Mackenzie and I went with Teri to her sister's house to have another sleep over... it's been so good to see the Hooper's and to meet their family here in the Boston area, what a blessing this has been. 

We are celebrating a great day. Psalm 126:3 The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you have had such a wonderful day. I continue to trust Father for you all. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive