Sunday, January 23, 2011

God Is Strong In Our Weakness

I can't even begin to thank you all for praying for us, supporting us, and walking this journey with us.  Thank you for your faithfulness.

Adam is the talk of his unit, by how much progress he has made in a week, it's unbelievable.

We have had another miraculous day today!  Adam tried climbing out of bed on his own.  He kicked his legs off the side and tried to sit up... he's gaining strength every day and I am continuing to pray that God will give him the strength he needs for each moment.  After watching Adam try to climb out of bed, I asked him if he wanted to get up in his chair and he said yes.  When I got him in his chair, he kept kicking his legs off the leg rests, so I took them off to see what he was going to do... all of the sudden I watched him in his chair take one step at a time move his chair backwards down the hall... I couldn't believe what I was watching, it's truly amazing to see that God is knitting Adam back together and every day God is healing more and more of Adam.  I reminded Adam that God is strong when he is weak, that in this time of God rebuilding Adam's strength, that He will give Adam the strength he needs in each moment.  2 Corinthians 13:9 We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong;

As Adam is emerging from his coma and waking up, he is becoming more aware of his surroundings.  Tonight when I was tucking him in and saying goodnight, I was talkikng with him and reminded him where he was and why he is here in Boston and he asked to go home with me to North Carolina.  So sweet, and it made me sad to leave.  I just love him so much.  He is still whispering when he is speaking clearly so I lean my ear as close to his mouth as I can so I can hear... he has taken notice that I do this so he started kissing my cheek when I lean in and then he'll whisper what he has to say.  I love it every time he kisses my cheek, he is so sweet.

Thank you all so much for all your prayers, please keep praying for my man's recovery, it's only just begun!  I am so thankful for all that God has done, all that He is doing, and all that is to come.

3 comments:

The Caudill Clan said...

North Carolina misses all of you but we are praising God daily for the miracles that are happening now and the ones yet to come. Love, Kelly

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Incredible! One of these days, I would be curious to hear how you can tell if Adam is or isn't in a coma. Is it something you go in and out of? I'm sure you are learning things you never expected, I will continue to pray for all of you. (I'm Temarie's friend, btw)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Adam has started a new indoor game, seeing how far you can go backwards, I mean. I am in awe of your faith, of Adam's recovery, and of Mackenzie's gracious selflessness in helping with her dad's healing. I love you guys and continue to reloice with you in All Father has done and is doing, and will do for your sweet family. Marion

Blog Archive