Saturday, January 8, 2011

Family time, Quality time, and God's timing

Adam, Mackenzie, and I have had a great day.  After getting him already for his day I got Adam into his wheelchair and we explored the hospital.  Now that he doesn't have a trach we can go out of his room for longer periods of time.  It was too cold and snowy to go outside today so we explored all the conference rooms with the good views and we watched it snow.  Mackenzie set up her little shop in the conference room and we played with her in there for a bit before Adam headed to PT.  In PT Adam did great with his sitting balance and at one point the physical therapist working with him told Adam to not let her push him backwards and she pushed him and he didn't let her push backwards, he pushed forward, into her.  He dd this 3 times!  He is getting stronger and stronger every day.

Most of the day when I was asking him questions he would respond with a head nod, or if he was answering yes he would say "uh huh"... he's becoming more consistent with the yes's and no's.  The hardest part of my day is leaving Adam for the night... I hate leaving him and if he's awake, he is aware that I'm leaving and looks sad or confused and shakes his head no.  Most nights now I say goodnight to him while he's still awake, letting him know that I;m going to stay until he falls asleep and remind him I will be there first thing in the morning... and I don't leave till he falls asleep.  I love that man so much, he truly makes me the happiest girl in the world every day... he works so hard, and keeps making significant gains, it just makes me so happy.

Mackenzie and I have become close to another family, Stephanie and her mom Jennifer,  here at Spaulding... they are from Bermuda.  Stephanie's fiance was in a kite surfing accident 4 weeks before their wedding and was airlifted from Bermuda to Boston in August.  Pray for Jeff's recovery.  We have been so blessed to get to know them and share life together.  Jennifer watched Mackenzie for part of the day today so that she didn't have to spend the whole day at the hospital and this evening watched her so that I could have some quiet time with my man.  This time with Adam was so precious, what a gift.

The last couple of days I have had such an enormous heart of thanksgiving for how far Adam has come and that every day we are seeing changes and advancements in his recovery.  I was talking with Dr. Chae this morning and he was encouraging me and explaining to me the conditions the Israelites were in when they were in the wilderness, not knowing about the fact that Adam and I have been reading through Joshua and rereading the section of the Israelites being delivered from their wilderness... his encouragement was so timely and amazing to me that it was exactly what Adam and I have been reading... Dr. Chae just helped us see a more detailed look and then used his example to encourage us... isn't God amazing, His timing is perfect, even His timing in healing and building Adam... it is and will be perfect.  Psalm 41:3 The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness... Amen!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father's timing always amazes me. I am learning a lesson from a few different quarters. It is so cool to see how Father connects things. I rejoice with you in Adam's accomplisments, in your new, friendships, in all Father is doing for you. I love you, Marion

Teri Hooper said...

How awesome to have a doctor who is also a believer and man of prayer. Then, to have him discussing the same scripture you are reading and studying? How awesome is our God!! Love it! Keep pressing in and pressing on. Adam is a mighty warrior and so are you and beautiful Mackenzie! Continue to be strong and courageous, the Lord is with all of you!

Blog Archive