Friday, January 14, 2011

Everything Is Beautiful In HIs Time

I am so encouraged and excited for Adam's recovery.  He finally feels good, he's not fighting infections, he's finally able to participate in the rehabilitation process and we are seeing it!!!  Adam had another good day, when I got in this morning I noticed that his eyes were a little red and I asked him if he slept well last night and he responded shaking his head no.  Even though he didn't feel well, he did great in all his therapies.  He started his day with his first session of speech, he did great and even smiled at Stacie when she was making fun of herself and joking around with Adam. 

The exciting moment of the day came in physical therapy today... Adam stood for a couple of seconds holding his own body weight!  Erin was so excited about this that she took Adam over to the parallel bars where Adam was able to place his hands on the bar and help hold himself up!  The best part about this is Adam has already has always had a difficult time pushing his right heal into the ground, his right knee has a difficult time extending... and today he was able to do it by himself for a second!  Adam met all his goals for PT this week, GO ADAM!!!  I am so proud of him.

In occupational therapy Adam and I played a little game of tennis, with a balloon, he did great!  Karla has really been working on helping Adam look to his right and turn his head to the right, today he was moving his head all over, and moving his head to the right really well.  Adam was pretty tired from not sleeping well last night and working so hard today, that he had a difficult session for second session of speech, but he was able to give Stacie some head nods in responses to some of her questions.

Tonight as I was walking Adam for our nightly walk through his unit, Adam was very tired.  He was having a hard time keeping his eyes open every time I stopped so I asked him if he was ready to go to bed and he whispered yes... I asked if he could wait a few more minutes until I could get some help getting him into bed and he whispered yes again!  Of course he didn't repeat it when the nurse was there, but every time he has communicated in a new way he usually does it for me first before anyone else... so it's coming!  I can't believe I got to hear him whisper to me!  I love that man so much!

I am continuing in trusting in God for Adam's recovery, every little bit of healing has been in His timing and any healing to come will be in His timing.  Thank you God that you make everything beautiful, including this journey, beautiful in Your timing.  Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.   I can't believe how great Adam has done the last 2 days, keep praying that it keeps up.  Pray against any infections, pray for his health, pray for FULL recovery... it's going to be beautiful in His time.

5 comments:

Teri Hooper said...

He nodded to Stacie?! Go Adam! He whispered yes!!!! GO ADAM!!! Amy, thank you so much for your faithfulness in posting every night! It is such a blessing. I know how crazy your days are and imagine you are completely exhausted at the end of the day. Still you post. It is so great to know what is going on even so far away. I wish I could hug you and Adam and Mackenzie! Praise God for His healing in His time. Thank you for your incredible example of faith and trust in the Lord. How God is using your family to touch the lives of so many is fantastic. Throughout the day I think and pray for all of you and can't help but say in my head, Go Adam! Go Amy! Go Mackenzie!! Love to y'all!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! He is faithful! He is so good! I am so grateful to get to pray and cheer and praise with you..! I,too, thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord, to Adam, and to those of us who are standing with you! Thankyou! Blessings, Jody Blair

Anonymous said...

It's simply the best. God is accelerating the healing process. God knows how important the little advancements are and how profound these great leaps can be. Whispers today and shouts tomorrow! Adam and all of those so close and those afar are being shown God's grace firsthand. Go Adam and praise God!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled, at how well Adam is doing. Father is truly doing a work. Yes, I will continue to trust Father form complete restoration of Adam....For you and Mackenzie too. You guys may not have the same healing to go through, but there is healing in your spirits Father is completing at this very moment. With much love, Marion

Anonymous said...

What an awesome report!!
Oh my... it brought tears to my eyes to hear Adam..that you whispered yes to your sweet Amy !! So many victories! So many mountains you've climbed together as a family holding tightly to the hand of the God you trust even through this intense pain , through valleys of despair and yet each day you have turned your eyes on the only One who never would let you go. When I pray for you and Adam ...I picture you standing and dancing together and one day I believe you will once again be dancing together!! Thank you for your faithful and beautiful witness. love, Jan

Blog Archive