I am so proud of Adam and how hard he is working. I am so blessed to see God's right hand touching Adam daily. He is truly God's mighty warrior! (Judges 6:12) I was asking Stacie Adam's speech therapist about the the difference in numbers on the coma recovery scale... she explained to me that there are 5 levels to determine the level of coma Adam is in, non-responsive, vegetative, minimally conscience, emerging conscientiousness, and emerged. When we first got to Spaulding Adam was considered in a vegetative stage when he scored a 9, so Friday when Stacie gave him the coma recovery scale test and he scored a 17 he is considered to be emerging!!! GO ADAM! The amazing part about speech therapy today was, Stacie was giving Adam some ice chips and she asked him if he wanted more, instead of head nodding or giving a thumbs up he reached over towards Stacie and grabbed the spoon from her hand and took it up to his mouth and fed himself the ice cube! He's doing amazing. Stacie is amazing at how hard she works with Adam and he is finally responding to her, thank you for praying!
In physical therapy Erin worked with Adam on standing, he stood with her almost her whole session... Erin said this is the best stand she has felt like he has done! He played basketball while she was helping him stand. He did awesome! Adam was assigned a new occupational therapist to his team... Karla will be his new occupational therapist, so please join me in praying for Karla to have wisdom in working with Adam. She worked on stretching Adam out as well as reaching forward. I think she is a great addition to Adam's team.
So today I had an appointment outside of the hospital and when I was leaving I saw this poster in the lobby...
Please keep praying for Adam to continue to make progress, please keep praying for the ability to quickly process information, pray for speech, pray for the ability to have drive and alertness. Pray for his muscle tone to get better. Pray for FULL recovery.
- ► 2012 (38)
- My Man Said A Prayer
- Church, Friends, and Moving Forward In The Journey...
- No Steps Backwards When God Is In Control
- What An Amazing Day!!!
- Miracles Every Day ~ Praising The Lord For Every O...
- Thankful For Friendships
- Humbled By The Journey
- SO EXCITED TO BE TRAVELING THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!...
- God Is Strong In Our Weakness
- My Heart Is Full Of Praise
- Praising God For A Fantastic Week
- In Awe Of God's Presence
- A Special Friend
- "All 3 Root's Are Rambling Again!" ~ Debbie Hagan...
- My Man Loves Me
- Continuing To Rejoice, Continuing To Pray, Continu...
- God Truly Preforms Miracles
- Everything Is Beautiful In HIs Time
- Better Than Old, Better Than New!
- God's Hedge Is Around Us
- Our Hope Will Not Perish!
- Thankful For A Good Day
- God Is So Faithful In Hearing Our Prayers
- Family time, Quality time, and God's timing
- Crazy, Busy Day
- Learning To Forgive As Christ Has Forgiven
- Continuing To Pray
- Praising God For Our Blessings and Progress!
- Please Pray For Adam's Surgery Tomorrow.
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2010 (250)