Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"All 3 Root's Are Rambling Again!" ~ Debbie Hagan

After a near 3 hour commute into the hospital this morning due to weather, I walked into Adam's unit and asked the same question I do every morning "how's my man?" His nurse's response was priceless... "oh my gosh, HE'S TALKING... and in sentences!"  I responded  "Are you kidding me?!!!  Sentences?!!!"  She said yes!  She explained to me that he said... "Where am I?"  After she explained where he was he asked "Who are you?"  Adam has an awesome resident Doctor assigned to him, she was off for the weekend so when she returned today I couldn't wait to tell her.  All she could do was say "that's incredible, I can't believe that he's talking"  She later said to me that it's a miracle that he's talking and after getting to know us and seeing this miracle, she said she is starting to see that God is real.  AMEN!!!

1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"  I can't wait to see what God has in store for Adam and his recovery.  God is so good.

Adam had quite the busy day today, his day started with 3 hours of back to back therapies, then he had two doctors appointments outside of Spaulding.  The first one was a check up CT scan which was great and showed that the hydrocephalus he had a few weeks ago has resolved and his ventricles are back to a normal size.  Then it was off to Dr. Song's office for a check up on Adam's trach to make sure his trach site is healing properly... Dr. Song asked Adam how he was doing and he responded "I'm fine"!  Dr. Song said everything looked great and Adam's breathing is perfect!  He said he wants to see him again in 4 weeks to make sure his granuloma doesn't grow back, so please pray that there will be no regrowth of the granuloma.

OKAY MY PRAYER WARRIORS.... I have another mission for you all... at 11:00am EST tomorrow Wed Jan. 19th. Adam will be doing a Baruim Swallow study test (click the link to read about it).  This test will be used to determine and see how strong or weak Adam's swallow is as well as how well he will be able to manage liquids and puree's.  If he does well, then he will be able to start a liquid diet and work his way up the food chain and off of his tube feeds.  Please pray for his swallow to be strong and for there to show no weakness.  It would be so awesome for Adam to begin to eat real food again.

And since I have you all praying for my man, please continue for Adam's speech to keep coming, pray for his ability to process, pray for Adam to continue to lean on God for his strength and courage.  PRAY FOR HIS FULL RECOVERY... it's coming!!!!  God's fingerprints are all over Adam's brain as He is knitting him back together one neuron at a time!

11 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

Priceless! Again I wish I was there. I'm praying for you specifically as he enters his next phase of emerging from the coma.

Anonymous said...

Awesome !! I bet you fall asleep replaying those beautiful words you keep hearing from your man !!

Love what the nurses and doctors are saying!!

Praying for those specifics you mentioned !! Our small group (about 30 folks) prays each week for you guys. Wouldn't it be amazing to know how many folks total, all over the world have lifted you all up before the Father during this past 8 months! I hope in heaven we get to find out that kind of neat stuff !!! Love,Jan

Shannon Annas said...

His love and amazing mercies never cease to amaze me - Our God IS greater, and stronger and higher then any other!! I could not be more excited about these amazing and wonderful steps that Adam is making! This past Sunday at church when they posted the update on Adam, I could only imagine how humbled you would have felt at the tears, the rejoicing and the absolute PRAISE that we all felt. We are praying without ceasing and can't wait for his full recovery! :)

Anonymous said...

Glorious news!! Thank you, Jesus!! I just last night read the following in one of my devotionals: "Impossibilities are My specialty. The next time you face an impossible situation, turn to Me immediately with a hopeful heart. All things are possible with Me!" (from the book Jesus Lives by Sarah Young). God is indeed showing His Glory to you and Adam. Sending you love and continual prayers ~ Sheri Halberg/Snohomish, WA.

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! Another miracle from God that we witnessed here!
I have lurked in the bushes, watching, reading and praying for Adam, you and Mackenzie. I'm a friend of Kathleen's from WA and heard of your blog through hers. I've been following you for some time now, and your family is on our prayer list each morning. It is truly a blessing to us that we can not only be a small part of this, but that we can witness some "miracles in the making".
Blessings to all of you! God will be victorious as you continue to trust and walk with Him.
The Watsons, Pasco, WA

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture of you and your family. It's profetic you know. One day you will be having a picture of you all standing there just like that. What a joy about Adam talking and the DR seeing Father again. There are so many lives Father has touched because of where He has Adam right now. When we all finally get homw you will be amazed at what Father has done. I love you and continue to trust Father for you sweet family. Hugs, Marion

Jewel said...

I am so beyond excited reading Adam's words!!! So amazing! And the doctor's response is just a glimpse of the hope and encouragement God has put in people's hearts because of this ordeal you all are walking through. God is so faithful! Praying for wholeness and healing and full recovery:)

Anonymous said...

Your family has left a forever imprint on my heart. I pray for Adam often and your enduring strength. I am constantly amazed every time I get on and read your blog, but was elated to read what I read today! God is so good... I look forward to seeing what is next! - Heather, MedCenter Air

knittingnurse said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! Just heard from Jen Spencer about all the strides that Adam made and how he spoke to you! HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP! I am sooooooo excited for you guys!

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Oh my soul, what a great thing! Thanks be to God!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how GOD is working his magic not only on Adam but, also on his medical "team" as well. Keep your family in our prayers.

Blog Archive