Saturday, December 18, 2010

Trusting That God Is With Adam

This afternoon, after Adam finished therapies, Debbie, Diana, Mackenzie, and myself headed out and went ice skating at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge in Harvard Square, we went to the Harvard Bookstore, and to dinner, then headed back to the hospital. We had a good time and we created some wonderful memories.

Mackenzie and Diana outside Spaulding by the Charles River

 
Debbie and Diana having fun ice skating!

Debbie and I posing as ice skaters!

 
Um Debbie... I think those are for the little kiddos

We were walking in Harvard Square and ran into this guy who was dressed as a Christmas tree or some sort of Christmas decoration... how is this not funny?!!!

Mackenzie and Diana found their own little skating rink!

Look carefully... while riding the train this evening we saw this guy, yes he is wearing his wreath... ahhh joys of living in a city, you just never know what you'll see.

Psalm 118:6-9 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.


Tonight I am really working hard on trusting that God is with Adam even when I am not and I am taking refuge in the Lord, for He is my helper and Adam's.  I beg you all to stop reading right now and say a prayer for all those who take care of Adam.  Pray for the nurses, doctors, nursing assistants, therapists, residents, students, dietitians, respiratory care... everyone who is involved with touching Adam and taking care of him.  Pray that they will do their jobs efficiently and that God will give them the strength and wisdom to do their jobs and do them well.  Please pray for them.  Adam is fully dependant on them doing their job efficiently and well and when they dont' he suffers, so please pray for them... I hate it when I have had to watch him suffer and it makes me feel like I cannot leave him, and after an incident tonight I am feeling that way.  There has been so many times when I feel that Adam is neglected when I am not there and I felt that way this evening.  He deserves the best I will do whatever it takes to get him what he deserves.  I am trusting that God is with Adam when I am not, please pray for Adam, Mackenzie, and myself as we are trying to figure all of this out.  Until I am comfortable leaving Adam again, we will be at the hospital, because that is where I am most comfortable and when I am comfortable Mackenzie is too.

Adam did well today in occupational therapy, he followed commands so wonderfully!  He was able to place a basketball in the basket multiple times!  He joined Debbie, Diana, Mackenzie, and I for a game of Apples to Apples... I placed the cards in his hands and when he was awake I made him pick a card... he did great!  We had a blast.  He is feeling so much better today than he has been so thank you all for praying, I am really praying that by the time Monday comes, he'll be back to making huge gains, and feeling like himself again... please pray that he will sleep well tonight and that while he is sleeping healing is taking place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN, Dear Child, AMEN!!!! I love you and Father loves you more. I trust Father to hold you close in His busom, and that you feel His presence in a new and deeper way. Continuing to trust for Adam's healing, your and Mackenzie peace of mind. Much love, Marion

Blog Archive