Friday, December 17, 2010

Time In His Word

I am sure many of you have had an experience similar to mine today... as I have mentioned before I grab time in the Word when I am able to have a free moment.  Today my time may have been brief, but oh my goodness was it rich!  God wrote something directly on my heart, I will share in due time, but I don't believe tonight is the night to share it.  I am just so excited about it I couldn't contain it, I love the Word of God!  My point of sharing this little piece is this... I know life can be busy and you don't feel as though you have time to sit and read, but I encourage you to seek God in your down moments, even if you are crazy tired, open the Word, remember it's the living word so it will keep you awake.  Ask God to write something on your heart from His word, oh how I pray for you to experience God writing a love note to you on your heart!  It's not about how much time we spend, but it's about what our motives are and where our heart is that matters.   I know the holidays can be crazy and busy, but I plead with you, please, please open the Word at least for a couple of minutes during your day, and be blessed by what God wants to write on your heart, I am giving him thanks already for what He is going to write!

Mackenzie and I are so excited tonight... Debbie, my best friend, and her daughter Diana who is also 10 years old flew into Boston tonight from North Carolina! It's been so great to see them and spend time with them. I am truly counting my blessings tonight, I am so thankful for my friends and all of you who have faithfully supported us on this journey.


Adam is finally starting to feel better.  He did great today in therapies!  In speech therapy, we are still trying to establish yes's and no's, today we worked with the buttons and switches again.  Adam is working so and I am so proud of him.  He goes in on Tuesday for a special test that will help us determine some more modalities and hopefully help us find ways that will be easier for him to communicate with us for now.   Please be praying for this upcoming appointment that we will be able to find the right modality that will work for him.  In physical therapy, Adam did awesome again in the walking machine, he is initiating so much more movements and pushing through his steps, this was so awesome to see considering he has lost 6 pounds this week due to his upset stomach issues. So for him to feel weak and tired and still work as hard has he has and as hard as he did today, I am truly amazed at his ability to persevere!  GO ADAM!!!  In occupational therapy, Adam stayed in his room instead of going to the gym, Becky worked with him on following commands, which he did pretty good and also worked with his sitting balance.  Adam is getting stronger and stronger every day!

Please pray for Adam's weekend to produce restful healing, pray for his upcoming week that he will be able to jump leaps and bounds ahead of where he is now.  Pray for him to continue to be courageous, and for his perseverance.  Pray for his physical strength to return, as well as for him to gain some weight back.  Pray for new miracles every day.

I was reflecting today how lucky I am that I get to stand by my man every day and cheer him on.  This is not something I take for granted, but every day it's something I give God thanks for.  I am so thankful that my man is still here and that Adam chose me and I am the one that gets to cheer him on!  I love him so much and I am so blessed.  I know that many of you are going through difficulties in your own lives, I encourage you to look for the blessings in your circumstance, I guarantee there are blessings. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy!!! T H A N K Y O U!!!!!!! for the reminder to read Father's word, even if only fr a moment. I like the picture of It's being THE LIVING WORD and that it will keep us awake. :) :) Father has used you many times to encouage me in my walk with Father. I love you and continue to trust Father for your sweet family. Hugs, Marion I am glad to know how old Mackenzie is. Now she will get more age appropriate things. :) :)

Wanda said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time with Debbie and Diana!

Blog Archive