Friday, December 10, 2010

There Will Be A Day

This morning on my way to the hospital all I could think and praise God for was "there will be a day", the day will come when Adam is restored... there will be a day. Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”  I have been learning the last several weeks, that my focus should be heaven bound, as much as all I want is just to have my husband back and this excruciating pain gone, that's not the goal... the goal is becoming more like Christ through the circumstances we have been given, and having our focus be heaven bound.  When I set my hopes and dreams only on Adam's recovery I become anxious and worried about what is to come because that is what I am living for in that moment, but God calls us to a much higher calling, to look to Him beyond our circumstances when I keep my focus heaven bound, there is joy, hope, and excitement for what is to come... because I can't even fathom what heaven must be like.

Please pray for Adam, his stomach was really bothering him today.  Dr. Chae consulted with the infectious disease doctor to change his antibiotic that he is on, this should help, but will take 48 hours before Adam will feel relief.  Adam is so sensitive to medication changes so please pray that the antibiotics they switched him to will do their job and not cause any more issues anywhere else. Also his surgery for his granuloma (granulated tissue) is scheduled for January 3rd, so please be praying for this upcoming surgery to be Adam's last surgical procedure.

Adam did awesome today following commands in speech with Stacie, I am so proud of him for how hard he works.  He is so close to forming words, he's trying so hard and you can hear it in the tone of his voice that he is trying to repeat the word back to you... he is so close.  In physical therapy he did the walking machine again and did well, his right side is getting stronger every time he gets on there.  Praise the Lord for so much progress in Adam's recovery.  Adam was only able to do half an occupational therapy session today and he did great sitting on the edge of the mat all on his own. 

Today has been a day that I am just missing Adam so much.  I wish so badly that he was here laying next to me in bed or at least under the same roof as me.  I want to walk next to him and hold his hand, I would love to sit next to him and have his arm around me or his hand on my knee.  I would do anything to hear him say the words "I love you"... I miss my husband, my best friend, my man... tears.

1 comment:

Temarie said...

Praying so much for you sweet friend! God is hearing your prayers and is wiping away your tears while holding you in His arms. Praying that you'll feel God's presence and comfort today! James and I love and miss you guys!

Blog Archive