Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thankful for God's Comfort and His People

So I had a thought... Instead of sending a Christmas card, I would like to send a photo card that you can put on your fridge all year long to serve as a reminder to pray for Adam everyday.  So if you would like one, please send a self addressed, stamped envelope (the card measure at 4X8) and I will send you a "Root For Adam" card.  Send it to Adam at Spaulding, the address is on the left sidebar.  Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.  Please only send one, if you will use it as a daily reminder to keep Adam in your prayers.

Adam and I have been honored and blessed by getting to know another patient and his family.  His name is Gary and his wife's name is Holly.  You can read about his story at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garyparrett.    He and Holly came to Adam's room today, laid hands on him and prayed for him.  What a blessing and an honor.  I met Gary yesterday when he was out in the hall, I knew then that he was praying for Adam, I don't know how to describe it, but I just knew that he was in the hall watching Adam's speech therapy session and praying the whole time.  When I walked out into the hallway he asked if he could pray for Adam and with us, God is so good!  I later learned that Gary is a professor at a seminary and has served years as a pastor. The few times I have been able to talk with Gary and Holly, I have felt so encouraged, God is so faithful, and I am so grateful for how he provides and takes care of us.  Please join me in praying for Gary's full restoration. 

Gary and Holly Parrett

2 Corinthians 1:3  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.  Praise the Lord that He gives us comfort in our time of need, and I pray that Adam and I will be able to be a comfort to others.  I am giving thanks and praising God for the comfort that Gary and Holly have received from our Savior and brought to Adam and I.

Overall Adam had a good day, he is still fighting quite a bit of discomfort from his stomach issues, but that seems to be getting better.  In speech today Stacie was working with Adam to copy the noises she was making, he did awesome, Adam wants to talk so badly... please keep praying for his speech and language.  In physical therapy Erin worked with Adam on the walking machine, the way that the harness straps him in around his stomach, he was pretty uncomfortable, but he still managed to persevere and walk... my man is amazing, GO ADAM!!!  In occupational therapy Emily who is filling in for Becky... made Adam reach up and grab a bean back then reach forward and place into a basket, he did this three times and did a fantastic job!  Adam works so hard every day and inspires me immensely to persevere through what ever pain of grief I have, to know that God gives us His strength to keep going forward one step at a time!

Thank you all for praying for Adam's stomach ache the last several days, it does seem to be getting better with every passing day and I know it's because you all have been faithfully been praying for him.  We are so blessed to have you all praying for us, encouraging us, and walking the journey with us.  You all have taught me so much about what it means to be apart of the body of Christ... thank you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I praise Father for the gift of being a part of your lives. He only gives the very best. I continue to trust Father for your Adam, as well as for you and Mackenzie. Your new friends are added to my trust list. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all many times each day as God brings you to my heart. Leila is also one of your little prayer warriors, hardly a day goes by when she doesn't ask about Adam and or prays for him...usually more than once. We love all of you and we are standing with you believing God for miracles day by day and moment by moment. Cling to Jesus!
Love, Auntie Kimberly

Mary Strynar said...

Gary is an answered prayer.

Karie Garner said...

I'm so excited that things are going so well for Adam. Praise the Lord for all the progress he is making and how God is using all these therapists and doctors and Gary to lift your spirits and show how He is at work. Your posts continue to be an inspiration to me and I am so blessed by each one. You are amazing!

Temarie said...

What a blessing to have amazing prayer warriors who are at the rehabilitation center (and all over the world)! God is doing an amazing work there in Boston!

rachel said...

Amy, this is so great that you have been able to meet the Parrett family and be encouraged by them. We do not know them personally, but my husband graduated from the seminary where Dr. Parrett was teaching and has been following his recovery journey since his accident. When I told him that Adam was going to Spaulding, he mentioned that Dr. Parrett was there, too - and now it's wonderful to see how God has brought you together to support one another.

Won-Jung said...

Praying for your family. What an encouragement that Dr. Parrett was praying for Adam even before he knew him. So glad there are people supporting you where you are. WJH in Raleigh

Mike said...

Between being out of town for 3 weeks and being a Mom of two kids, with a third on the way, I regret to say I am only now catching up with your blog from early December. If you still have any Root for Adam cards, I would love to have one. Reading your entries brings me to tears, gives me goosebumps and draws me closer to our Lord and Savior. Your witness to the work He is doing in and through your lives is inspiring and convicting. Thank you for always looking upward and reminding all of us of the importance in remembering to "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thess 5:16-18 ESV. God's word is food for our soul, and you are clearly well fed. Will continue praying without ceasing for you both. Love Always, Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Between being out of town for 3 weeks and being a Mom of two kids, with a third on the way, I regret to say I am only now catching up with your blog from early December. If you still have any Root for Adam cards, I would love to have one. Reading your entries brings me to tears, gives me goosebumps and draws me closer to our Lord and Savior. Your witness to the work He is doing in and through your lives is inspiring and convicting. Thank you for always looking upward and reminding all of us of the importance in remembering to "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thess 5:16-18 ESV. God's word is food for our soul, and you are clearly well fed. Will continue praying without ceasing for you both. Love Always, Rebecca

Blog Archive