Monday, December 20, 2010

Some Healing is Spontaneous and Some Healing Is Gradual... but Healing Is Happening!

Adam started his day seeming like he was out of it, but as the day went on he seemed better.  Adam is on contact precautions until some tests come back helping to determine how to help Adam feel better.  So to be on the safe side they put him on contact precautions which means wasn't able to do therapies in the gym today.  Hopefully by tomorrow we should have his tests results back and be back to doing therapies in the gym tomorrow.  Adam had a great physical therapy session, his ankles are getting stronger every day and his foot drop is improving so much.  Erin did a stand with him and he had the best posture yet!  In occupational therapy Becky worked with Adam on getting dressed.  He is helping so much!  I love watching miracles happen every day.
Mark 8:23-25 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”

He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.” Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.    After reading this scripture verse I was reminded that some healing happens spontaneous and some healing is gradual and takes time.  I know that God could have healed Adam yesterday, or even this very moment... what I loved about this scripture is the reminder that some healing takes time, it happens in steps... and I will continue to pray for Adam's miracle and full restoration, but I will also remain patient and trust in God's plan and His timing.

Please pray for Adam's health to be restored.  Pray for his communication skills, so that we can establish a yes and no response.  Please pray for his speech test tomorrow, this is an appointment where Stacie is working on finding the right technology to help Adam communicate with us.  Pray for the staff that takes care of Adam, that they would be attentive and proactive of his needs.  Pray for full restoration.

I am exhausted tonight and after a miserable drive home in the snow, I am heading to bed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Amy!!! I love you. I continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. I have a story for you. My husband had gotten a DVD "The STAR of Bethlehem". It is a wonderous movie that unlocks The Star's mystery. W O W!! My one daughter is not exactly on track with Father. She said she wanted to read about "The Star of Bethlehem". A good thing, BUT not the best. I was reminded of people wanting to be healed ( a good thing) BUT not wanting the best...KNOWING the HEALER. That is the best thing...knowing the star's creator, or our bodies healer. You, my friend, have chosen the best part...knowing your Healer. Father is so proud of you. You are getting to know Him. Therefore, He WILL honor your faithfulness and give you the desires of your heart. You are a precious gift to all of us who get to read your blog. YOu constantly point us to the BEST...knowing our Father. Thank you, for allowing me to be a part of your life. Trusting Father for you and yours, Marion

Blog Archive