- for someone who has lost a spouse/or like me dealing with the grief daily of a tragic accident
- for the person who had a miscarriage of a baby they wanted badly
- for the person who's body is devastated by the treatments they are receiving
- for the person who feels they are barely "existing" in the Nursing home
- for the person who is overwhelmed by financial demands
- for the person who has to helplessly see their child suffer
- for the person who lives with a cloud of depression over them
- for the person who recently stood at the fresh dug grave of someone they love
- for the person who feels suffocated by their loneliness
Tonight I have so much to be thankful and grateful for. My man loves me!!! Today I asked Adam if he wanted a kiss and he lifted his head off his pillow to kiss me and then he smiled, how sweet... he shows me every day how much he loves me! I am so thankful for how much more aware and alert Adam is, alert enough to kiss me and smile at me. Praise the Lord for all that He has done, and is doing!!! Adam did a great job communicating with head nods today. Tonight when I was leaving, I asked him to pray with me and he nodded yes, as we finished praying I explained that it was time for me to leave, I asked him to dream about me tonight and he nodded his head yes... I pray that the Lord gives Adam sweet dreams tonight.
Mackenzie had a busy day today, she was able to participate in all the pediatric events today. She helped paint and decorate the cafeteria windows with a group of volunteers, then a youth group from a local church came to the pediatric unit and made stockings with the kids and brought games, and a tree to decorate. It was such a blessing to have such wonderful events inside the hospital that she was able to participate in. This made me very appreciative for all the hospital volunteers, Thank you to all the hospital volunteers.
Adam's brother Brad and his mom are in town it's been fun visiting with them. We all went for a nice walk this afternoon and this evening shared stories it was so enjoyable listening to Cookie share about what it was like when she was dating Jack and listening to stories about the boys as they were growing up. It was fun recalling memories that we have all shared together.
Specific Prayer Requests For This Week...
- Pray for Adam's surgery to be done sooner than later, his trach is really bothering him and he keeps trying to pull at it.
- Pray for a speedy recovery, pray that this surgery would propel him forward and not hinder any progress that has been made
- Pray for Adam's muscle tone, he seems to be in some pain and is very tight
- Pray for Adam to stay alert and awake during his therapies and for most of the day
- Pray that Adam will be able to talk soon
- Pray that Adam will continue to make huge gains in the area of processing. (he's already doing amazing)
- Pray for everyone who is involved with Adam's care, pray for wisdom and discernment in making decisions regarding his treatments