Sunday, December 26, 2010

Praising God For An Awesome Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  We had a nice Christmas, both Adam's and my family did a wonderful job of making us feel as if we were with them. 

If any of you have seen, Boston (and the rest of the east coast) is being hit pretty heavy with snow. So we spent the day cuddled up talking, watching movies, taking a nap and just having a peaceful, lazy day. It's been so great to watch the snow fall and to be here with Adam.

I am so happy to share with you all that Adam is feeling so much better and today he is seeming more like himself again.  He's been awake and alert and he even nodded his head for the first time in over a week!  This was so exciting to see, because for the last two weeks, he has been so sick and not feeling well that he has not been responding... and today was such a blessing!  I have been praising the Lord and filled with so much joy that I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, I am just so excited!!!  God is bringing forth healing and I am seeing His mighty healing hand touch Adam every day!  Later in the day Adam grabbed my cell phone that was laying on the bed and I asked him if he wanted to talk on the phone and he lifted it right up to his ear... so of course I called Cookie, so she could talk to him and he could be on the phone!  When she was done on the phone she asked Adam to hand me the phone and he took the phone from his ear and lowered it to hand it to me.  I am so proud of him!!! 

Later today I was shaving him and he gave me a strange look, I asked if it hurt and he shook his head no... then I asked if he wanted to look in the mirror when I was done and he shook his head yes, so I showed him my shaving job in the mirror and asked him if I did a good job and he shook his head yes.  Yay, I passed the test!!!  Tonight when I was getting him ready for bed and brushing his teeth, I told him it was his turn to brush his teeth and he took the tooth brush from me and brushed his teeth, I barely had to help him, he did fantastic!!!  GO ADAM!!!  I am so grateful his shunt is draining properly, it really shows that the neurosurgeons adjusted the shunt to the right setting and I am giving praise to God for giving Adam's doctors the wisdom they needed in caring for my man.

This afternoon, I was cuddled up with Adam watching the snow fall out the window giving thanks to God for all that He has done and for allowing us to be safe inside all together as a family, Mackenzie, Adam, and myself.  I had my Bible laying across me and Adam reached for it, he pulled it closer to him and I asked him if he wanted me to continue reading to him (I had read to him earlier) and he shook his head yes.  So I picked up where we had left off and read, when I paused for a break, he reached for my Bible again and started flipping through the pages... he flipped to Psalm 105 and then pointed at it, so I read... Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.  (Psalm 105:1-4).  We read through Psalm 105 and I encourage you to do the same, be encouraged at the wonders of our Savior and how mighty He is.  Seek His face always!  I don't know how much it was just coincidence that Adam flipped to this Psalm and pointed at it, but I know my man is filled with the Holy Spirit and I am believing it is what Adam needed hear.

So as I mentioned before, Boston is being hit hard by a blizzard.  Mackenzie and I are safe and well, I was a little panicked this morning when I was seeing the weather report and was trying to come up with a plan.  I wanted to be near the hospital, preferably walking distance so that I would not have to rely on any transportation to get me to and from Spaulding and I would be close to Adam.  We stay pretty late at the hospital and get in fairly early in the morning, I didn't want to end up being away and getting stuck and I wanted to make smart safe decisions.  In the middle of me trying to figure this all out Adam's parents were watching the our weather from Oregon and wanted to help so they were so gracious to put us up in a hotel near the hospital so that we can get to and from Adam without any problem and still be safe!  What a blessing.  This brought so much peace all day to me, knowing I could watch the blizzard outside and know that we were going to be safe and together and I could still be the one to take care of Adam.  I am still really struggling leaving him after several incidents that have happened, so this just makes me feel so happy.  Adam does so much better when we're all together too.  I LOVE MY MAN SO MUCH!!!
I am counting my many blessings tonight and giving God all the glory.  What an awesome God we serve, and I marvel at the works of His hands.  Praising God for a great day.

I leave you with this... today while we were spending time together we "elfed" ourselves... this has made me laugh all day.


2 comments:

Jewel said...

Ahhhhh...tears....inspiration! Thank you and Psalm 105 is the perfect verse as God has been directing me to be praising Him all week long:) I love it. It's so amazing to read and share this journey with you guys! But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Adam's got the power of God in a way we can't begin to understand:)

Anonymous said...

God is so faithful in all that He promises ! Thank you for the great praise report and for sharing the elf video - I could not stop smiling from ear to ear seeing those three smiling faces !!

Miss ya'll a ton,
Bill

Blog Archive