Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Man Still Holds Me

Tonight will be a short update...

Adam is still not feeling so well, so he rested for most of the day.  He did have physical therapy today, and Saturdays are always short sessions so she just worked him beside.  She was working on building strength in his legs and she would put Adam's leg over the side of the bed and he would pull it up.  I can't believe how strong he is getting, he's doing great.  He has even gained 8 pounds back out of the 78 he lost, I think it's muscle he's gaining back! 

Mackenzie and I worked climbed up onto Adam's bed this morning and pulled the tray table over and worked on several puzzles, we had such a great time.  After Adam finished therapy we walked to the department of health because they were giving free flu shots, and I figured that this year should be my first flu shot since I live in a hospital and I don't want to carry anything to Adam.  Mackenzie and I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Adam.  Like I mentioned last night, I just want him next to me... so this afternoon, I climbed into bed with him and asked him to hold me, and he opened his arms out to reach to me and then pulled me into him.  I think he knew I needed him to hold me.  I love my man!

 Mackenzie in front of Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, or what we refer to as home.

 Mackenzie and I 

The Charles River is in Spauldings backyard.. if you look closely you can see that the top layer is ice... brrrrr.

 Getting my first flu shot, when I think about how many shots Adam has had, this is nothing.

Tonight I am falling asleep knowing that God is my comfort, and it's His comfort that sees me through each and every day.  2 Corinthians 7:6 God, who comforts the downcast... God comforts us when we are down, when we are feeling less than encouraged.  He is there for us, with us, and all around us.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love you. I am so proud of you and how well you keep up your blog. Father is doing a work in your Adam. He is doing a work in your Mackenzie. He is doing a wonderous work in you, as well. May each of your lovely family feel a special touch of Father's grace this evening. Hugs, Marion

Blog Archive