Friday, December 3, 2010

Lifting My Hands To Praise Our Healer

So we had a storm blow through and must have messed up the internet last night... I'm sorry I was unable to give an update... so I am going to start with yesterday...

Yesterday...

Adam had some trouble breathing in the morning and after doing some tests, the doctors and respiratory therapists concluded that when Adam went for his appointment on Wednesday for his trach, they ran a scope down to check the granulated tissue, and in the process they irritated the site which caused it to swell and resulted in closing a good portion of Adam's airway.  So he was having so much difficulty that they had to remove his Passy Muir valve (The Passy-Muir speaking valve is commonly used to help Adam speak more normally. This one-way valve attaches to the outside opening of the tracheostomy tube and allows air to pass into the tracheostomy, but not out through it. The valve opens when Adam breathes in. When Adam breathes out, the valve closes and air flows around the tracheostomy tube, up through the vocal cords allowing sounds to be made. This allows him to breathes out through the mouth and nose instead of the  tracheostomy.)  So we don't want this to take him backwards so Adam's will most likely have his surgery to remove the granulated tissue on Tuesday. 

Please be praying for Adam, pray that this will not be a setback, but instead a push forward.  Pray also that he will be able to have his trach removed in this procedure, or right after.    What else can I do, but trust that God has Adam in the palm of His hands.  When I trust completely, then I can worship God, who is bigger than Adam's brain injury and has plans for a future... plans for good.  So join me in lifting your hands to the heavens and thanking Him for the healing that has occurred, Adam has already defied so many odds, praise the Lord!!!  Worship Him, not because we are called to, but because HE is SO worthy of our praise and worship.  Lamentations 3:41 "Let us lift up our hearts and hands to God in heaven".


Please keep praying that Adam ability to stay awake and not be so sleepy, pray that he has drive, and passion to keep going forward in his recovery.  Please pray that he continues to emerge from his coma.  Again, this is a slow process, yet Adam is making great gains, it's because of your prayers so please keep praying!

Today:

Adam had a great day today.  In speech with Stacie, Adam continued to work with a switch and every time he would hit the switch music would turn on.  The goal is for Adam to see that he can control an object by hitting the switch and then maybe be able to turn this into a form of communication.   Adam did great today giving me head nods when I would ask him questions.  In physical therapy today he worked on the walking machine again... this was the best he has done yet!!!  He walked the farthest and fastest yet!!!  He is gaining muscles and strength back with every step!  He is amazing!  He truly is gaining muscle back, this week he actually gained weight, he's getting stronger and better every day!!!  In occupational therapy Becky was able to get Adam to hold onto a railing and he was able to stand for a few seconds on his own! 

Adam is incredible, I am so blessed by how hard he works every day.  This afternoon, I was sitting on the foot of his bed while he was resting and he woke up, looked for me, I asked him if he needed something and he shook his head yes then took his finger up to his lips and pointed to them (I always do this to him when I am asking him for a kiss), I asked him if he wanted a kiss and he shook his head yes!  He asked me for a kiss, how sweet, he sure knows how to romance my heart and soul!  I love him!  There is so much hope and joy in this journey, we are so blessed... God is so good!

No comments:

Blog Archive