Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Finally Back On Track

Adam had a much better day today and seems like he is finally back on the track to healing!  He was taken off contact precautions because his stomach is no longer showing signs of being upset.  He participated in all of his therapies today and did great!  In speech Stacie is trying to teach Adam how to use his new special call button to call a nurse into the room.  Please pray that he will get the hang of this and understand how it works.  In physical therapy, Erin assisted Adam in standing, he stood for 20 minutes with Erin!!!  While he was standing, Mackenzie held a basketball hoop and Adam put the ball in the hoop 5 times!!!  He was having so much fun playing, and we were all cheering him on.  It was so great that Mackenzie was able to participate as well.

In occupational therapy, Becky worked on Adam standing as well, on the second stand up, Becky was trying to get Adam to stand and he wanted nothing to do with it, so he sat back down fast and hard, knocking Becky to the side, then he turned his head toward her and smiled... this made me laugh so hard.  I love my man's sense of humor, and when he has his mind made up about something, he goes for it... this was too funny.  Becky also told me today that she put in her notice, which I am so sad about, she will be a great loss for Spaulding.  Please pray that God will prepare the therapist who will be taking her spot and pray for Adam to adjust quickly to the change ahead.

Adam's ATEC appointment was cancelled today and will be rescheduled for a later date.  This was the appointment that was going to help us find ways for Adam to communicate with us.  Hopefully this will allow more time for Adam to progress further and to optimize that appointment time. 

The Boston Bruins is a NHL team hear in Boston, a couple of the players stopped by on the pediatric floor today and since Mackenzie is included in all the events, she was able to go and meet the players... she got their autographs and had fun meeting the Bruins.

Overall it's been a good day, I am excited to see what this week brings.  I am believing and trusting that God is healing Adam and knitting him back together one neuron at a time from the inside out.  Adam continues to be my hero, he pushes himself every day and every day he is getting better and better.  I love that he hasn't given up, and that he keeps persevering through such difficult challenges.  Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Adam is the strongest man I know, and I believe it's evidence that the Lord is continually before him, praise the Lord.  Please keep praying specifically for his alertness, awareness, and drive so that he can keep emerging from this coma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love you and rejoice with you in how well Adam is doing. I am glad Mackenzie could "work" with her dad's healing. I continue to trust Father for your sweet family. Marion

Anonymous said...

Amy I am so proud of you! God is doing His mighty work in you, Adam and Mackenzie. I love you so much.
Please remember I want to have Marion's address. I have appreciated her love she has shown to you, Adam and Mackenzie.

Love, Mom

Mary Strynar said...

Go 'Canes!

Blog Archive