Friday, December 31, 2010

Excited For New Beginnings

I have never been a huge one to celebrate ringing in the new year, but today I have been so excited to put 2010 behind us and I am looking forward to the new year and to see what God has planned for us.  I have such a great feeling about the new year."But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus"  Philippians 3:13-14.  I pray that Adam and I will be able to keep our eyes on the Lord for this upcoming year and focus on Him, knowing and trusting that He is in control.  I am looking forward to what is to come and trusting in Him for Adam's FULL recovery.

Today we are rejoicing!   Adam had an awesome day!  In speech therapy Stacie repeated the Coma Recovery Scale test and he scored the highest yet... he scored a 17 out of 23, when Adam was first admitted into Spaulding he scored a 9.  He has made HUGE gains, I am so proud of him... GO ADAM!!!  In physical therapy Erin put Adam on the walking machine again and he walked the farthest and fastest yet, he was amazing!  In occupational therapy he followed commands and was able to move his head to the right, the furthest to the right yet!!!  Adam struggles moving his head to look towards the right, and it was awesome to see him work so hard today.  THANK YOU all of you for praying... Adam's C-Diff test came back negative!!!! I am so excited and blessed by all of you.  If it was positive Adam wouldn't have been able to do therapies in the gym or use any gym equipment, so I am so relieved that it was negative, PRAISE the LORD!  I have so much to be thankful for today!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow! Praise the Lord! What an exciting way to end the year! Yeah! Go Adam!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Even in my not understanding all Adam's condition, I see how far Father has brought him. I rejoice with you. I trust with you for Adam's whole health, and you and Mackenzie as well. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, Mackenzie and Adam! I am so excited to read about the great days Adam is having. Such positive posts every day! Praise the Lord for how far He has brought Adam and how far he will bring him in 2011!! I know it will be a great year for the 3 of you!

Karie Garner said...

oops...the above comment is from me..Karie :)

Blog Archive