Monday, December 27, 2010

Doing My Best To Trust In God's Plans

Tonight I ask you all to please continue to pray for those who take care of Adam. Visiting hours are pretty strict at Spaulding and I don't get to always be with Adam when I want to... leaving Adam every night is the most difficult part of my day.  I do know that God is with Adam even when I cannot be and there is peace in this truth.  Please pray that God will strengthen those who care for my man and that He would place the right people in Adam's path when he needs them.  I am praying that God will continue to give me the strength to trust in His plans every moment of this journey, even when it is so painful.

2 Samuel 7:28 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

Psalm 31:14  But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."

Psalm 56:3  When I am afraid, I will trust in you.

Psalm 56:4  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Psalm 111:7  The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy.

Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Adam had a great day today, I am so glad to see him feeling so much better!  He participated in all 3 therapies!!!  In speech therapy Stacie was able to get thumbs up, and thumbs down when she asked appropriate questions!  In physical therapy Adam followed all the commands Erin gave him, he even reached for the items she asked him to!  Most of the day when I asked him questions he nodded his head appropriately!  In occupational therapy, Adam used the hand bike, he turns the pedals with his hands to build strength in his arms and hands, he did awesome!  GO ADAM!!!  My favorite part of today I was trying to get Adam to play PacMan and Tetris,  he was so interested and I could see that he was enjoying it!  He only played for a couple of minutes, but it sure was fun!

Trusting and believing that God can and will work all things together for good and He has only just begun His work in Adam's healing.  Thank you for praying for my man, please keep praying for his FULL RECOVERY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, You know the One in whom you trust. He honors your honoring Him. I rejoice with you in Adam's acheivements today. I rejoice with you in the way you walk in Father's strength. I rejoice in the trust you have in He who is trustworthy. I continue to trust with you for Adam, you, and your sweet Mackenzie. I love you, Marion

Mary Strynar said...

Amy, you are in my thoughts every SINGLE day, several times a day. I will pray for those who take care of him. When I woke this morning I was praying for you and thinking of Job... Job 1:22 "In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.", Job 2:10 "He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said." I know so many others are lifting you up in prayer constantly and what's so cool is we all read your blog at different times, sometimes different days. Someone may not read this for a few days but when they do they will be on bended knee praying for Adam's care providers! I love and miss you very much.

Anonymous said...

Praying God's covering over Adam and wisdom for those who take care of your man! May He give you His peace that surpasses all understanding and that you will rest in His arms.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Amy, Thank you for your honesty in your blog each day. You bring such glory to Your Heavenly Father through your praises and through your honesty.I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to leave Adam alone. Praise God that He sent His message back to you through your sweet Mackenzie. The fruit of your faithfulness to praise God and trust Him is shining through no matter what each day brings your way.. The beauty of our Lord is on display in all 3 of you daily! As God tells us, "they will see your good works and praise your father in heaven. How true this is for your family. Daily, as I read your blog, I know God has used your blog to help me grow closer to Him and to increase an attitude of gratitude. I try to read at least one marriage book a year. Next to my Bible, your blog is the best love story I've read. I appreciate "my man" more because of the example of love I've seen in you and Adam. To God be the glory Wayne and I continue to stand in prayer with you each day at every meal and often in between. We do believe God is bringing full healing to Adam and though the journey is difficult His kingdom is being advanced in and through you all each and every day. Love you so much, Jan

Blog Archive