Thursday, December 30, 2010

Busy Day, Thankful That My Savior Sustains

One thing I have learned on this journey is, I never know how my day is going to unfold.  Every day is a new day, every day brings blessings and then some days there are speed bumps. 

This morning when I first got in I noticed Adam's left eye had dropped and was wondering again, I asked the nurse how his night went and she said he slept really well, I mentioned to her that his eye had dropped and was wondering and I was was concerned.  We watched for a couple hours to see how he would do in therapies and see if it would improve as he became active, up, and moving.  He was pretty sleepy, and seemed off to me.  He was scheduled for a recheck CT for tomorrow so I was really watching him to see if hed needed it today or if he could wait till the morning.  Dr. Chae is on vacation this week so the oncall doctor and I spoke and I agreed to send Adam today for a head CT. 

So when the ambulance arrived to transfer us to MGH, I was so grateful to see Sean... I knew Adam would be in great hands and I could relax.  I told Sean that I didn't want to leave MGH until someone looked at the scan.  Last week if we would have done that it would have saved Adam a transfer.  So after Adam's CT, Sean helped me advocate to get the scan read and he and his crew stayed with Adam and I at MGH until we received the reading.  Then it began, the radiologist called neurology, neurology called neurosurgery, and the resident needed to talk to the attending... you get the picture... we waited for a bit.  Finally the neurosurgeon decided that Adam's shunt needed to be adjusted again.  Normally we would have had to go through the emergency room and wait for hours, but the neurosurgeon was kind enough to come to the CT area and adjust Adam's shunt there and send us on our way...  what a blessing to have doctors who moved quickly, and awesome EMT who stayed with us the whole time.  Thanks guys!!!

Please pray for Adam, pray that his brain will start to absorb his cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) so that he won't have to keep relying on shunt adjustments. Adam is still having an upset stomach and today they sent another C-Diff test, they have sent several others and they have come back negative... but today he had an oder that concerns me he might have C-Diff, please pray his test will come back negative.  Please continue to pray for his FULL recovery.

With all of that said, I have good news too... despite how crummy Adam might have felt today, he had an awesome day in therapies.  In speech he was pretty sleepy, but he did great.  We used a PowerPoint presentation, and one of the switches that we have been working with him to use.  Every time he pushed the switch we would change the slide.  He did great.  In physical therapy Adam played catch and passed the ball back to Erin when she asked!  She also played soccer with him and he did great at kicking the ball back to her... he did great.  He missed occupational therapy because of the CT scan.  I am amazed and so proud of Adam for how hard he worked today even when he wasn't feeling his best... GO ADAM!!!

After we got back to Spaulding Adam slept for a couple hours and when he woke up he seemed like he's feeling better.  He was responding to me with head nods... when it came time to leave tonight I was telling him that I had to go and he grabbed my arm and shook his head no.  I told him that visiting hours were over and it was time for me to head home, he shook his head no again.  I told him I would be back first thing in the morning and I asked him if he would dream about me and he shook his head yes... so sweet.  I love my man and he loves me. 

Psalm 3:5  I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.     I am so blessed that God sustains me moment by moment.  I am trusting Him, every night and especially tonight that when I lay down that He will give me rest and when I wake, He will continue to sustain me.  Praise the Lord, He is so faithful in meeting my needs every moment. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Thank You, Jesus, for your directing of Adam and Amy's day. It is so good to see You direct all of our steps." Amen I love you Amy, and I continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Marion

Blog Archive