Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Being My Man's Wife

Tonight is going to be a quick update, I'm tired and stayed up way too late.

Tonight after I got Adam all ready for bed and tucked in, Mackenzie and I were so blessed to be with good friends tonight!  Oh how the Lord knew I needed friends today... The Hooper's, friends from North Carolina are in town visiting for the holidays and invited Mackenzie and I over for a sleep over... so much fun.  I can't even begin to express how wonderful and timely this visit has been.

Adam has had another great day making consistent gains, he amazes me how he just keeps persevering and pushing himself.  He stood with therapists assisting for the longest time yet, he's back to sitting unassisted, he's nodding his head for yes's and no's, he's following commands regularly... he rocks!  Today he was sitting in his wheelchair and had been in his chair for a couple of hours... he started to look over at his bed as if he was ready to get back into bed, then he kicked his foot of the footrest of his chair, but the funny part... he unbuckled his seat belt... he was making me laugh so hard, it's like he was trying to get into bed himself.  I love watching God's healing hand at work! Amazing!

Every day that I am able to be at Adam's side cheering him on is such a gift and a blessing.  Being my man's wife has always been something I take so seriously, and as the days pile onto this journey, my role as his wife has changed a little, but not that much. Before Adam's accident I would cheer him on in whatever work project he was working on, I was his helpmate and did my best to anticipate his needs, my favorite time of the day was when his car would pull into the driveway as he returned from work.  I still cheer him on in whatever he is working on for the day, I do my best to be his helpmate and anticipate his needs, and my favorite time of the day is when we are reunited in the mornings.  Circumstances may have changed, but my man is still my man, and God has equipped me to be his helpmate even in these circumstances.  Ladies, your man is still your man, no matter how long you have been married and no matter the circumstances that you face in your marriage... please cherish him, and ask God to show you and help you to be your man's wife and helpmate.  Build your marriage up and build your man up, don't tear him down.  Proverbs 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.  He will give you the guidance you need, he has already equipped you. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy!! You are Father's example to us all. Thank you. May you and your sweet family have a special touch of Father's grace this day, Hugs, Marion

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

You are such an encouraging wife! One day you need to publish all your messages! I'm Temarie's friend, btw. So is Adam still in a coma? I hope not, I've been praying for you all. Thank you for your blog, as a wife and mother I am continually challenged and inspired by your example.

Blog Archive