Friday, November 26, 2010

Walking With The Lord

We had such an awesome family day today... I love when we are all together and I don't have to feel torn or feel like I have to choose between a wife or being a mother.  The days that we share at the hospital all together are the only days I don't have to choose roles, but I get to be both at the same time!  I love our family time and cherish every moment we are together. 

Adam had a great day in therapies!  He has started saying "uh huh" more frequently.  He said it to me yesterday when I was asking questions, but today he was really saying, there was no question.  In speech therapy, Stacie was able to get quite a few head nods... he's doing so awesome at communicating!  The best part of Adam's day was in physical therapy, Erin, got him into a special piece of equipment that suspends most of Adam's body weight, but allows him to have some weight bearing.  It also allows Adam to walk, or take steps without having to feel all his weight.  HE DID AWESOME!!!  He was bringing up his right foot and moving it and was sliding his left foot, he started with his right even before Erin asked him too... he did it out of instinct.  I am so proud of him, he is such a fighter and is so strong!  GO ADAM!!!!  It was so cute having Mackenzie there for his therapies today, she was able to participate and cheer him on with me.  She is such a great encourager and she is so proud of how hard her dad works everyday.  She was right there cheering him on every step of the way! 

My man walked today, it had to be by faith, because the way the equipment was laid out there is no way it was by sight. Praise the Lord, Adam is walking with the Lord!!!!  2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we live by faith, not by sight."  I pray that we both will continue to walk by faith and not by sight, for what is laid out in front of us is scary, but what we do not see is a blessing and a gift... I will continue to choose to walk by faith. I pray that God will give me the patience and strength to walk by faith, for I know I am not capable on my own to walk by faith, I pray that God will continue to rid me of myself so that I can continue to walk with Him and draw nearer to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my Friend, for being you. I love you, Marion Hansen

Blog Archive