Friday, November 19, 2010

There Is Always Joy

This might not be a profound thought for many of you, because I am sure you have already figured this out and practicing it but the though occurred to me today that when we are in a season of suffering, when you seek God, not seek him to fix your problems and take away the suffering, but seek him to know Him, embracing the suffering... there will always be joy.  No matter the pain of suffering, if we seek God to know him more, there will ALWAYS be joy.  Larry Crabb, a christian author that I really enjoy writes "Pain is a tragedy.  But it's never only a tragedy. It's a necessary mile on a long journey to joy." 

It's through difficult times that God doesn't just draw us closer to Him, but He holds us in the palm of His hand, which should make us truly want to embrace difficult times, because God is close to the brokenhearted.  Knowing that God is so close to us in these times, embrace suffering... for there is so much joy to come!  James 1:2-3  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

Have I mentioned lately, how much I love my man!  I love my husband he works so hard every day and continues to persevere every day.  Today in speech therapy he gave Stacie, his speech therapist a thumbs up 3 every time she asked for it! Soon, as Adam continues to be consistent with the thumbs up, we will be able to try it for a form of communication.  The goal is to get Adam to be consistent which means doing it when he's asked and for multiple days in a row... then we will be able to use a thumbs up for as a way to communicate yes and no.  He's getting so close to communicating with us, it's coming, keep praying!  Adam and I had a great day spending the day together, he had a long break in between therapies and we were able to have some good time together. With every passing day I love him more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my friend, Father gave me the lesson of JOY just this past week. I have an issue I was gitting upset about(not trusting Father). I told Him I just didn't now what to do with it. The next morning I was reading James chapter 1. Verses 2&3 were what He had for me. I had to smile at Him. I should have known. It seems like Father is teaching His children about walking in Joy. You know, Joy isn't a feeling, it is a fact. We have Joy because Jesus is our Joy. He's a fact not a feeling. I continue to trust Father for you and your lovely family. Marion

Anonymous said...

Praying daily for a full recovery and god given strength for all 3 of you...
It is easy to get caught up in the business of life sometimes and so I put a picture of Adam in our Den/kitchen...as a lifestyle we pray throughout each day for Gods touch moment by moment and Full recovery!
We are so thankful that you are taking such great care of Adam...Thank you! As we grieve and miss Adam deeply we are comforted by Gods promise...I am with you always, I will never leave you or forsake you...thank you Jesus.
Love you all, Aunt Kimberly

Blog Archive