Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Standing Firm

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words through out the day today, your encouragement carries us through our days.  Thank you for your prayers, letters, comments, phone calls, text messages, emails, and I am sure I am missing other forms as well... thank you all so much.

Psalm 20:7-8 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm."

1 Corinthians 16:13 "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."

Psalm 40:2 "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

In both physical therapy with Erin and occupational therapy with Becky, Adam practiced standing with assistance.  He did great!  He stood twice in physical therapy for about 5 minutes each time.  During his second I stood in front of him, it felt so good standing next to him and seeing how tall he is.  I asked him for a kiss and he leaned over and moved his head to me, I took that as a sign that he truly wanted a kiss, and I was happy to oblige!!!  I love my man, and everyday he shows me how much he loves me.  In occupational therapy he stood in a standing frame where he can assist in holding himself up.  He did great and was able to focus on Becky, at one point I walked to his side and he turned his head and looked up at me, and gave me another smile!!!  I love him!  He makes me such a blessed wife! Seriously, I can't believe I got a smile, and a kiss in one day!  God knew how much I needed that kiss and smile, I am so in love with my Lord, who truly takes care of all our needs. 

I am praying that Adam and I will stand firm both physically and spiritually.  I am so proud of him for working so hard on the physical part of standing, he's incredible!  I love my man!!!

2 comments:

knittingnurse said...

Amy,

This is Jannett from UNC. I wanted to let you know that I have thought of you, Adam and Mckenzie often and continue to pray for you all. I just found out about this blog and was so happy to read of Adam's progress. Not only is he doing great but you sound like you are strong and doing well also. I just wanted to give you a 'virtual' hug and let you know that you have many prayers coming your way from Cary!

Anonymous said...

My dear, Father has reminded me again, through you to be grateful for my husband and his being here. Thank you. Oh, we aredoing well. I just sometimes get stuck seeing his moods rather than seeing him. I love you guys. Hello to Mackenzie. Your friend, Marion Hansen

Blog Archive