Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quick Update... It's Late

My sweet husband greeted me this morning with a smile and when I asked if he missed me, he nodded his head yes.  What an awesome way to start the day, I am so blessed that Adam is communicating! God is so faithful in answering our prayers.  Thank you all so much for praying, you can see how God is answering them.  Adam did awesome today, today was the first day he was awake for all his therapies, he stayed awake and participated for the entire therapy sessions... he's getting stronger every day.  In physical therapy with Erin, Adam stood in the standing frame, it was by far the best he has done yet.  When he started to look tired she asked him if he was ready to sit and he shook his head yes.  GO ADAM!!!

I climbed into bed with Adam this afternoon and I was just talking with him and cuddling with him.  I laid my head on his chest and he brought up his arm and rubbed my face and brushed my hair out of my face.  I love how tenderly sweet he is, Adam has always been this way even before his accident, I am so thankful I can still see that his personality is still there.

Adam was exhausted this evening after such an awesome day in therapy.  He needed a good rest, so Mackenzie and I joined Adam's aunt, uncle, and cousins that are in town and we headed to Frog Pond.  It's an outdoor ice rink in downtown Boston.  Mackenzie and I had a great time ice skating.

I have just continued to reflect on how faithful God is, I am so blessed that I have been able to see so many miracles in the last 6 months.  I am praising Him tonight for this journey and thanking him for  choosing our family to be his vessels and for writing our names in the Lamb's book of life.  That is what I am most thankful for.

4 comments:

Kathy Beckett said...

Amy, I am a friend of the Kendalls and a member of Salem Baptist in Apex, NC. I, also, am a friend of Kathleen Darling. I have been following your blog for months now and just wanted to wish your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am so thrilled to read how well Adam is doing. Please know that your family is in my prayers and you are lifted up weekly in prayer at Salem.

Anonymous said...

Amy, A big hug to each of you. I am thrilled at how well Adam is doing. I too, am thrilled that you and Mackenzie were able to go iceskating. Me, I'm afraid, would resemble Donand Duck's pillows in front and back. I've not practiced enough to get any sort of balance. May you all have a special touch of Father's Grace this Thanksgiving Day. I love you, Marion Hansen

Christina said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear Amy, Adam, and MacKenzie! I'm thinking of y'all today!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. We miss you all soooooo much. Dinner's around 5:00 p.m. our time... :) We will be giving thanks for how God's hand continues His love and healing through Adam, you and Mackenzie.

You are loved!

Love, Mom

Blog Archive