Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jesus Heals

On my way into the hospital each morning I pass an old abandoned building that used to be a disco club in the 70's, it's old, brick, and has it's share of graffiti.  Last Friday someone painted on "Jesus Heals" on the side of this building in gigantic white letters.  This may sound strange but I rejoiced in the message on the building (not promoting the fact that someone defiled property that wasn't there's), I needed the reminder that Jesus heals and is healing Adam everyday.  I felt like that message was painted on that wall just for me.  By Monday when I drove past the building it was painted over with red paint to match the red brick the building was made out of and none of the other graffiti was painted over just the white letters that proclaimed "Jesus Heals".  Then today on my way in there it was again... I kid you not, in gigantic, white letters "Jesus Heals", I don't know how to describe the feeling that I got other than I just knew that message was sent there for Adam and I. God is so faithful at meeting our needs and desires, but also He is faithful in reminding me that there is nothing He can't do... there is no time frame that He is held to, His power and His power alone is capable of healing Adam and I believe and trust with all my heart that He will restore Adam.  Jesus does heal, praise God He heals... Amen!

Adam and I have our special way of communicating, I understand him when no one else can.  He will nod his head for me and no one else... the only way I can truly relate it, is like this... for you moms out there... remember when your babies were young and learning to talk and no one could understand them but you... that's how it is for Adam.  As he is becoming more alert and awake, he is also trying so very hard to communicate and no one can quite understand him, but about 90% of the time I know what it is he is trying to say.  He even looks for me to interpret for him when he's trying to communicate with someone else.  I love that he loves me so much to be so patient with me to communicate with me in a way that I can help him.  If I thought communicating with Adam before his accident was hard, I was mistaken... this has taken me 6 months to figure out, but I am finally getting it!  I could tell today as I was talking with Adam and working with him that he is glad too that I am figuring him out... I cherish how special our relationship is and how intimate it has become, no words are necessary and yet I know we read each other very well.  I love him and I can see how much he loves me.

After talking with Dr. Chae for a bit this morning, I was relieved to hear his explanation for Adam's muscle tone.  I hadn't seen Dr. Chae in a few days so I have been working with his resident regarding Adam's muscle tone... it was nice to hear his opinion... he said base off research and experience he said that as people like Adam emerge and become more aware of their surroundings and deficiency's, and as they are alert it can cause them to stress and and tense up which can cause excess muscle tone.  He is doing his best to balance Adam's muscle tone with medications so that it won't become a hindrance in therapies, so please keep praying for Adam's muscle tone to decrease so that he doesn't have to fight against it.

Please also pray for Dr.Chae, he has had an enormous patient load and has been very busy... just pray God's wisdom and discernment over him as he treats so many patients.  Pray that his time would allow him to put God first in his life and in his profession.

I just want to take a moment and thank so many of you for being so kind to send Adam, Mackenzie, and I cards, postcards, and gifts reminding us that you are beside us walking this journey with us... thank you so much.  I will never be able to describe in the right words how much your letters and notes mean... they truly carry us through the day.  Thank you for taking the time to send us your words of encouragement, they bless me beyond what I am able to communicate.  You all have played such an amazing role in showing me God's faithfulness... thank you, we are blessed beyond words.  He is forever faithful and great is His faithfulness... I am giving thanks for his faithfulness to all the details and desires... He is so good, it makes me want to shout it from the rooftops.  Psalm 89:1 "I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Jesus Heals" I love how God is so tender and compassionate, thanks for sharing the story with us. I am so encouraged by your words and thankful for your gift of communication with and your depth of love for Adam. Thanks for loving and caring for him the way you do! Love you, Aunt Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I love that ... "Jesus Heals". So simple, yet so profound. We all need that reminder in our lives, no matter what we're facing. But I have no doubt that this was God's special message for you at this time! I continue to pray for you constantly. I hope we can meet one of these days. Sending love from here ~ Sheri Halberg/Snohomish, WA.

Anonymous said...

W O W!!!! Father gives us just what we need in all sorts of ways. I, with you, believe Father had "Jesus Heals" written just for you. Thank you for a glimpse of the love you and Adam share. You are a rare one, to share such intimate moments. I am honored to be a small part of your lives. Thank you, Marion Hansen

Vicky Scott said...

The Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. Malachi 4:2

We continue to read and pray for you all.

Blog Archive