Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I felt torn for most of the day.  Mackenzie didn't want to be at the hospital, she didn't want to spend Thanksgiving in a hospital, and I don't blame her... if ever I wished I could have been in 2 places at once, it would have been today.  Mackenzie stayed home with Sharon and Lester and had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their large family... she had a great time and I am so thankful for them and their generosity.  They have taken us into their home, but more than that, they invited us into their family and their hearts... we are so blessed by them.  I spent the entire day with Adam at the hospital and I am so thankful that I could.  I love my man and I needed to be with him today, thank you for all you who invited us to your Thanksgivings, but I needed to be right where I was today.  I love being with my man and we had a great day.  We did a little of everything today, we watched the parade, read, listened to Christmas music, talked for a bit (well I did most of the talking, but Adam would converse back with his vocalizations)... we had a tender and sweet day, I truly loved it.  This afternoon, I was sitting in the chair next to Adam's bed reading and he moved his arm up and pointed to his chest (I often lay my head on his chest), it took me a moment to figure out what he was trying to communicate, but when I asked him if he wanted me to lay my head on his chest he nodded yes.  Then he tenderly ran his fingers through my hair, with tears in my eyes I raised my head to look at him and he lifted his head and moved it towards me to kiss me... so amazing!  I am so thankful Adam is communicating with me... I love him so much and his tender, sweet heart..  I am thankful that Adam chose me to be his bride... what an honor and a blessing.

When I got home tonight, Mackenzie and I cuddled and watched a movie. then she filled me in on her day saying she had a great Thanksgiving too... I am looking forward to spending the day tomorrow with both Adam and Mackenzie!

1 Cronicles 29:11-13 "Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.  Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."  I was challenged by this verse today to not just give thanks for what we have this Thanksgiving, but give thanks for who HE is, and HIS many attributes.  When I praise Him and give Him thanks for who He is, it is then, that I can praise Him for my sufferings... because He is omnipresent, omnipotent... He is omniscient.

Thanksgiving has been our favorite family holiday... for those of you who know Adam and I well, you know how much Adam and I love to cook and spending time together.  Last Thanksgiving was probably my favorite holiday ever.  We spent the day just the three of us, cooking, playing games, and just hanging out.  These are some pictures from our Thanksgiving last year...
 Mackenzie made this poster of all the things she was thankful for that year

 Adam is an amazing pie maker... He made 3 pies last year... and yes, just for the 3 of us.


 Mackenzie made herself into a turkey with scraps of things around the house, she is so creative

 Mackenzie and Adam holding up their yuumy creation of peanut butter pie

Last year in North Carolina, it was 70 degrees so we sat on our front porch drinking sweet tea on Thanksgiving day... such a wonderful memory.

Our Thanksgiving may have looked a whole lot different this year, but the love that we share has only grown deeper and stronger, and that is what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving... the love that has grown between the 3 of us.  I love my family.

Happy Thanksgivng from my family to yours.

4 comments:

roadie said...

Amy - I am so blessed by your posts. Today's was the sweetest message, with tenderness and love oozing out of each sentence. What a special day for you and Adam! And what a blessing that Mackenzie had a large family to embrace her into their activities.

Thank you for sharing your heart, day by day, the good and the hard...it speaks loudly of God's faithfulness to you and your family. Blessed days ahead!

Love,

Leanne

Debbie said...

Awesome! So many things to be thankful for. Praise God! Love&Hugs

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I can so see three pies, especially the peanut butter one (though I must say pumpkin is my favorite). I am so proud of you, being able to let Mackenzie stay where she was. That was a huge gift for her. I am so pleased you had such a wonderful day. Father is good. I love you guys, Marion Hansen

Temarie said...

I remember that James and I came to your house then and had so much fun with you guys. You introduced us to so many fun and new games while we ate one of those amazing peanut butter pies! We love you guys so much and are in constant prayer for you! While there has been so much change since then, there's so much the Lord has blessed you with!

Blog Archive